gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much worse damage than the ice storm IMBY so far. No idea how much snow I have...too dangerous to go outside.

Seriously? No damage here yet.... I seemed to be about 45 minutes behind you when it started to when it got heavier. How much you have I'm at 9 now. That band just keeps sitting over my house.

Wow, town not even 2 miles north of me reporting 8 inches of snow.. Only 1.8 inches here :( Somethings fishy.. wonder if its same guy reporting from North Haven as last year?! ahh Current observations: 34 degrees, 1.8 inches of snow.. light snow.

LOL, every storm is the biggest storm that's ever occured for someone. Just the way it is.

DOT webcams show it's mixed or changed right to the MA/RI border now along 195.

Mix line should be hitting Rte 138 soon, then 24.

Temp starting to coast down again here now, winds shaking and quaking.

40.5. Already 39 in falmouth, they may flip sooner than msot.

33.4/33...its been an annoying light snow for about 5 hours now. Who knew I would accumulate most of my snow between 11:30 and 3:30...have MAYBE 2 inches.

Yes this is a historic event, and yes I'm on the shoreline...but I am kind of pissed that as soon as I got the WSW...the snow mixed with rain and basically shut off. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I hear ya brother! As soon as they went wsw and forecasted 8-12 the snow stopped went to rain and since then its been a light mix. Most of what fell has melted, and the deform band to the west is not going to produce. hoping for another half inch, but its very doubtful.

Seriously? No damage here yet.... I seemed to be about 45 minutes behind you when it started to when it got heavier. How much you have I'm at 9 now. That band just keeps sitting over my house.

Yes. I have a huge limb across my shed, a huge limb across my fence, and two other big limbs down in the yard. And it's only 8:35 :lol:.

Def not 9, been south of the band.

Yes. I have a huge limb across my shed, a huge limb across my fence, and two other big limbs down in the yard. And it's only 8:35 :lol:.

Def not 9, been south of the band.

My two 100' white pines were worse off in the ice storm, but already have a 5" maple branch down and neighbor has 10" oak and I hate to say it, but it's only begun. 'I can hear crackin' from my kitchen and it ain't he chair or my keyboard

Edit, just went outside, neighbors 70' sugar maple jsut split. 1/3 on the ground, of course it lands in my yard.

Just shy of 9in here. Wind is starting to take the snow off the hanging branches. Had over 6inches between 3 and 6pm - Definitely has let up the last 40 mins, but a long way to go. That band out in the Berks is just insane! Power hadn't flickered once - just went out for 10 seconds as I typed this... back now, but for how long?

I guess I have to take the good with the bad, the lack of snow means that trees wont be popping and exploding and dropping limbs on the cars like I was worried about. Less clean up, **** the snow will just melt on its own tomorrow.

I'll take my whitened grass, and slushy streets and just be thankful I was part of something special. 61 degree water temps and that wasn't the problem of why I didn't get nearly as much snow as I should have. Amazing.

no its not, greenwich back country got crushed shelton crushed ......best forcing was north and west, this one stings though especially when okx went 8-12....im happy for those that are killing it, but its october and it makes sense where the snow is accumulating. Good news is both the gfs and euro ens mean are torching starting mid week through mid november, perfect for leaf clean up

Thats incredible. I hope you are and it comes for me in a bit. That's one thing I never experienced, feel like most got some last winter but none for me.

Looks like vis really dropped and I saw distant flashed and heard distant rumbles. Entire neighborhood has no power so I don't think its transformers.

No whats not? The snow melting on its own? I meant my snow.

The snow in gods country, is, um, indescribable....really awesome, happy for those guys, but like being in second place...you can't help to be a bit let down.

I meant its a huge letdown.

Finally snowing again, flakes are awful, but its snowing.

Hey Mitch, were closing in on 18" here. It seems likely we'll hit 20+". Just got in from running around in the snow with my daughter. Too dry for a snowman. It's POWDER!

My last measurement was 15.3". I suppose 20's within reach, but a great storm even if Ii don't. The plow just went by for the second time--busy night for Jim. I imagine they had to make some calls to remember where they keep the plow! lol

29.1/28

Archived