12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Needed this to be about 75 miles east, but still epic for Oct around here when all is said and done.

I wouldn't worry just yet. This sort of lull stuff is supposed to happen. It will rip soon enough. Did you clear the board?

And I hope to not hear from GC ever for the rest of the winter.

Are you still worried about QPF?

Nope. lol

This has been one of the best 7 hours of weather in years. It's RIPPING. Since it's night I can't make a comparison to earlier visiiblity, but every time I look out, its noiciably deeper (and I look out often! lol). I'll measure again in a bit. But it's increasing by leaps and bounds. Or maybe by inches and inches.

At work now, and co-worker coming up from RI said it was snow in PVD, then actually rain in Foxboro until you got to 128 where it turned to snow. That tells me longitude if a huge part of this. Makes sense as the low curls up towards the Cape instead of pulling east. Everything is sort of stuck right now, in terms of the ra/sn line. I think we did mention this happening.

That is good for us up here as that should keep that enhanced band in place and it should be a while before the pivot I'd think, if the low is curling up.

:axe:

3" if lucky...growth blows.

Congrats on 18"

Yeah man...same here, growth is a disaster. Decent rates but I'm getting .5/hour at most. 3.6" as of 45 minutes ago and I'm only 10 miles or so from Will. The valley W,S, and N of me did better. 7-10" in the valley west of here so far, 10-20+ in the hills west of here, 5-10 north of me, 10-12 hills north of me, and 4-8 in a lot of the C.T valley. Oh well.

I wouldn't worry just yet. This sort of lull stuff is supposed to happen. It will rip soon enough. Did you clear the board?

We will just have to deal with Pete telling us how much GC is like Alaska...arrowheadsmiley.png

Longitude big time, 1/2 mile from me West has 3 on the ground, I just hit 1. Much colder now, snow is dryer, that's great news.

:snowman:

4.5" here. Good, but not great banding over me. I've been on the northern edge of the band on the edge of the GYX radar so with N/NNE winds the echoes over me are probably being blown to Canterbury.

I don't get that man. I am up to 6 and it is snowing hard, not helacious but hard. The radar looks as good over you as it does over me.

Hey Scott!!! Still ripping!!! What an awesome display mother nature is putting on here. There's going to be a whole lot of digging out going on tomorrow. Already have 4' snowbanks....... before Halloween.lol

Dude dobbs ferry is getting SMASHED especially on what was formerly known as ZUCKER MOUNTAIN

I will take 12" in DOBBS over 16 in butt**** NH anyday.

Dobbs has around 8" with some heavy banding overhead ATM

I think the higher elevations around 350-400' like my house may have had a bit more...my parents already had over 6" at 5pm and there have been some good bands since then. There was one band that stretched from around Hastings/Dobbs area to Bronxville, right along the Bronx/Westchester border, that was extremely heavy with 30-35dbz echoes. I think they'll end up close to a foot, although I'll have to check with my parents later in the evening. I agree with skier: 12" in Dobbs in October is much more exciting than 16" here in Rindge. I might have driven home for the storm but I had parent-teacher conferences and need to go home for a doctor's appointment next weekend anyway.

200 or bust

unless there are hot skierinmaine chicks

Good luck. Although skierinvermont meeting skierinmaine would make for one weenie baby.

Hey Scott!!! Still ripping!!! What an awesome display mother nature is putting on here. There's going to be a whole lot of digging out going on tomorrow. Already have 4' snowbanks....... before Halloween.lol

Enjoy it..lol. Congrats. Knew you guys would get crushed, but not by 2'+..lol.

Same thing going on here. I've been ranging from 36.7 to 37.4 in the past couples hours warmest being right now. The rain/snow line literally 2 miles away and nearly stationary.

Temp is rising here, up to 36. I hope the CF doesn't just sit there until the best precip pulls away...

Same thing going on here. I've been ranging from 36.7 to 37.4 in the past couples hours warmest being right now. The rain/snow line literally 2 miles away and nearly stationary.

I was worried it might stall a little as the low sort of pull north and the circulation intensified. Probably after midnight you'll change.

Archived