joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete--as I look out the window now, I think I am experiencing the emotion Wiz has when he writes "THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(no I'm not having thunder snow), but it is coming down at a sick, sick rate. I don't know how long this will keep up (and frankly, I might not make it past my next measurement), butI thinkg 2' is a gimme out htere. I might have jinxed myself just not by saying that, but this is unreal at the moment.

Yeah, this really is a special monster. Just heavy heavy duty snow. Really, I've only seen this sustained intensity in AK and BC. Hour after hour of pounding snow. We've had other 24" storms a plenty but this has been an 8 hour onslaught. Snowmachines moving past down on the main road are totally muffled. 24+" now likely as I see it.

Slant sticker LOL, that is the most impressive snow for the Time of year I have seen in my life. Do you measure to cut wood like that? Measure once cut twice?

I was having a hard time holding the tape in one hand and the camera far enough away in the other, all the while trying not to fill my slippers with snow. I lost,lol major cold foot! snow in your slippers will WAKE you up. Ginxxx, it snowing so hard I could cry.lol

00z NAM hits the Lakes Region-SEward with another 0.50"-0.75"+ beyond 2z. If it is with snow growth like this it may be easily 15-20:1 and over a foot total.

If we stay in this band for another 6 hours that will mean 15-18. Really snowing hard now. Have 9-10 on the grassy areas but I think that is because the snow is on top of blades. 8 inches on the hard surfaces and snowing as hard as it has snowed yet.

00z NAM hits the Lakes Region-SEward with another 0.50"-0.75"+ beyond 2z. If it is with snow growth like this it may be easily 15-20:1 and over a foot total.

I saw that! Maybe this will be a bit more than I thought earlier up here. I am finally getting some snow that is boardering on moderate. 29.4F just hit 4".

I was having a hard time holding the tape in one hand and the camera far enough away in the other, all the while trying not to fill my slippers with snow. I lost,lol major cold foot! snow in your slippers will WAKE you up. Ginxxx, it snowing so hard I could cry.lol

Just unreal man, cry bro, it's good for the soul. Your worship of your God paid off more than you could ever imagine. Life changing storm for you, will take a lot to beat this one for its historic nature.

Archived