joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 15 inches here, The way things have been going tonight I wouldn't doubt if we added another .5 to .75 qpf like the 0z nam had for around central and southern NH.

Jesus...lol. You were in those occasional 30dBZ+ echoes for awhile. They're finally up here so maybe I can slowly make a gain on you. :lol:

What were your hourly rates a couple hours ago?

Magnet must be using cold fusion, Pete.

How does this rank for storms for your location?

While this isn't the biggest (April 1997, Feb 78), this is the coolest I can remember for a long time

This is a good one for sure. Pretty high on the list just because of the time of year not so much the total. Although it's been an all out snow blitz

This is a good one for sure. Pretty high on the list just because of the time of year not so much the total. Although it's been an all out snow blitz

Yeah, def. not the total... yet. If I can break 20" that should put me into my top 5 storms. Maybe top 10...

My kids will be having so much fun in the snow they won't notice that I eat all the candy

111K now without power in Western MA 4 counties between National Grid and WMECO

I somehow still have power in Chicopee (we have a city utility). Gotta imagine Westfield and Holyoke (also city utilities) have a good amount of outages as well.

I've been worried about my elderly parents in Springfield. I tried calling them around 7 and didn't get any response. I'll call around in the morning and see if I can find out how they're doing.

-monadnocks

I've been worried about my elderly parents in Springfield. I tried calling them around 7 and didn't get any response. I'll call around in the morning and see if I can find out how they're doing.

-monadnocks

Dothey have a regular landline? Ans machine?, etc.

If we lose power, we have no phone either, since we use cable for everything. Cell service here is spotty.

Good luck! They are hardy and strong. A little snow and no power for a few hours won't bother them.

Jesus...lol. You were in those occasional 30dBZ+ echoes for awhile. They're finally up here so maybe I can slowly make a gain on you. :lol:

What were your hourly rates a couple hours ago?

I know lol I truly can't believe it but the yardstick reads the same averaged out several different locations. Pretty much at least an inch an hour or just under. I have been going out to shovel every hour just to get an idea of how much I was getting and two times I went out There were at least 2 new inches plus once there was 1.75. Having a blast with electricity still. I hope it stays over you for a good while. I had insanely heavy snow for a 15-20 minute period earlier prob an inch in that alone.

Well--I made my last measurement of the night. And the answer is........21.9". In less than 9 hours. Second only to the 23" in 9 hours I had in 2001. Absolutely, completely, and thankfullly righteous. Will pick a bit more, but I've been up since 4:00a.m. to see the devastation of the eastward shift of the models. Guess I could have slept instead:)

A top 10 storm by any standard I can come up with.

Best of luck to all as this band rotates through.

28.9/28

+SN

29/28

17.5" new

Just cleared off the deck railing at the 16" mark so I can measure in the morning, and I've already had 1.5" since I did that less than an hour ago. Snow is really ripping here, brutal night with the strong north winds, temperatures in the upper 20s, and nearly blinding snow. The banding looks to be moving out of the Hudson Valley and targeting the Berkshires/Monadnocks. Looks like the jackpot will be between Dutchess/Columbia Counties in NY State and the East Slope of the Berkshires.

You're going to get your second highest total of 14" and January and it will feel like an advisory storm. :lol:

I hope we are far from done for the season wrt biggies, but this is hard to beat.

I have lived here for 13 years and have never seen snow on my deck rails like this. Unreal. Must be 16" just on those... will not tip over lol

Ginxy would love how the snow is sculpted on one rail... coming back towards me. Stunning. Looks like merangue

Well--I made my last measurement of the night. And the answer is........21.9". In less than 9 hours. Second only to the 23" in 9 hours I had in 2001. Absolutely, completely, and thankfullly righteous. Will pick a bit more, but I've been up since 4:00a.m. to see the devastation of the eastward shift of the models. Guess I could have slept instead:)

A top 10 storm by any standard I can come up with.

Best of luck to all as this band rotates through.

28.9/28

QPF took care of ya

Archived