Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

lol thanks.

I've gotten 5 hours of sleep the past few nights so we'll see how long I can last.

If I'm not up, its not like I'll never see those insane rates again, its only because its October that its so insane.

ugh we just need this to move a little further east to get out of the subsidence from the death band :arrowhead:

wind is def starting to pick up out of the north, 31.9 / 32 sn-

id expect the subsidence to start filling in over the next hour as the "death" band starts moving a little further east. radar returns over east ct / ri look to be improving over time

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow mixing in finally.

Front between exit 5 and 6 on 495. Could feel car get cold before thermo registered drop. Snowing moderately at the Mobil on rte 24

Matches my obs.

My thermometer dumped from 38 to 32 very quickly here. Over to snow, though not falling fast now. Lights starting to flicker...uhoh. Will be interesting to see in the morning. Not too far from Bob.

Hope the lights hold...sigh...

--Turtle

Right now this is matching the heaviest snow I've seen all night plus the windiest plus the darkest thanks to the transformer blowing.

Yup. Radar is awesome over east-central NH right now. The best echoes are now sliding to my east into southern Carroll/Belknap/Merrimack counties.

Power flickering...may not see you guys until tomorrow. If I go down then good luck to those of you SE of me. :snowman:

Same to you add another inch in the last fifteen for me. My power flickered for an hour or two before going out for good so think positive. Good luck

I doubt this caught anybody "off-guard". DOT's only have so many resources. Interstates and large highways get first treatment. Most DOT's have their own road weather forecast companies and many also consult the NWS in some way. This wasn't a surprise storm or anything, just a beast.

They were still putting plows on this afternoon :whistle: believe us CT is a disaster when it comes to disaster

Archived