joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The band does seem to be weakening but there looks to be some nice echos moving northwest of the coast of mass like what happens sometimes in noreasters. Perhaps that might add some more umph to our qpf?

I think this is what pounds ENE in the next 6 hours. I think we both have the intensity slow down from this point on, but it should still be impressive over the next couple hours.

I grew up just off bay road. Dropped off generator for friend of my folks. His crapped out my neighbor had an old spareZ. Just to keep sump going.

If Easton gets that back band they're cooked. 1" has done a lot of damage.

If they get another 1-2" it'll be a week before they get power. Trees leaning over every road. A little more snow ouch

Trying to pick my way back to 495 but can't get there.

Ya no kidding all of the roads that lead to 495 are tree lined. Even 123 is lined with trees.

I think this is what pounds ENE in the next 6 hours. I think we both have the intensity slow down from this point on, but it should still be impressive over the next couple hours.

Im amazed at the intensity we've kept and yeah I can't claim all that qpf as we've had our fun. Ill be happy with inch an hour rates. Closing in on 20 inches of october snow. Previous record for KCON was 3. Safe to say that has been broken. Wonder what they will come in with a total

1am

31.2F +SN

15.2" new snow on 0.84" w.e. (from melted snow core)

2.7" last hour

9.0" in the last 3 hours. I can tell the snow growth is beginning to wane a bit. It's still pouring moderately sized snow crystals though.

Nice!! I remember earlier you were hoping to pull off 6". lol

Death band couldn't travel any slower for me...

Very nice .....especially being so far north.

Probably close to 4.5 inches here. Missed the main band, but still a fun event for October. 8.5 inches for the month.

1am

31.2F +SN

2.7" last hour

9.0" in the last 3 hours. I can tell the snow growth is beginning to wane a bit. It's still pouring moderately sized snow crystals though.

1am

31.2F +SN

2.7" last hour

You definitely caught up to me pretty well. Just went over 20" I have pics but can't upload from my cell can I? Don't have flicker or facebook and my power is out.

Yep that was clear barely summer to black brook to 5 corners. Gas at Mobil and home.

Maybe 2-3" in north Easton back by borderland. Maybe 1 to 1.5 at five corners

I was going to suggest black brook next. impressive snow growth by them down there. Snow up here is so compacted. It should be very interesting to see what the final report comes in as.

You definitely caught up to me pretty well. Just went over 20" I have pics but can't upload from my cell can I? Don't have flicker or facebook and my power is out.

Nice GYX update for here. :snowman:

Overnight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 29. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

Sunday: Rain showers and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain showers between noon and 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 42. Breezy, with a north wind between 14 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Nice GYX update for here. :snowman:

Overnight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 29. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

Sunday: Rain showers and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain showers between noon and 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 42. Breezy, with a north wind between 14 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

gave you some love. gotta get rid of that rain showers wording though.

Archived