• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

At this point during each storm I'm complaining always being accustomed to being in the SE screwzone....but there's no way I can complain about missing snow in October....however, it seems like every big event the past couple years plays pepper with the same exact areas jackpotting the same spots and screwing the same ones as well. But again, I really can't complain because I spent three days in the ocean this past columbus day weekend.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little over a foot here in West Hartford... though it may have compacted a bit more down to 10".

The damage in Hartford and Litchfield Counties... even in the valleys... is obscene.

Have you been up since 2am for your shift this morning? 24 hours almost?

Just measured 5.5" at 12:30, after 5.2" at 11:30. Next 2 hours we should be able to go 1-2"/hour.

Heavy snow in this last band. Suspect we're pushing 7 or 8 inches, but no way I'm going out to measure with the constant sound of exploding branches all around. No power. Saw a couples of flashes, but no thunder, so suspect transformers or something like that. Tremendous tree damage.

Yes yes it does. I grew up in South Brockton and have family in North Easton on Bay Road. So I know exactly where you are.

I grew up just off bay road. Dropped off generator for friend of my folks. His crapped out my neighbor had an old spareZ. Just to keep sump going.

If Easton gets that back band they're cooked. 1" has done a lot of damage.

If they get another 1-2" it'll be a week before they get power. Trees leaning over every road. A little more snow ouch

Trying to pick my way back to 495 but can't get there.

It's bad down here.. and ill probably race on another 4-6 with this band

The band does seem to be weakening but there looks to be some nice echos moving northwest of the coast of mass like what happens sometimes in noreasters. Perhaps that might add some more umph to our qpf?

My local RWIS sites are somehow reporting some of their lowest visibilities yet despite the band being a bit east of us. Maybe they're just caked with snow? If they're right I'll end up cranking out another 2-3" in an hour at 1am.

Nearly 10 inches in 3 hours or is that 4? Either way its epic.

If it does remain heavy for you that is.

Archived