Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power was just back on briefly.. and off again. I couldn't guess how long we'll be out, but that it was back at all seems promising.

19" now.. still snowing hard but has let off noticably

Same here. But right after it went out again I counted 7 flashes so perhaps it did more harm than good by putting power back into lines with trees on them. Oh well another 45 minutes another inch. "Slowing" down now. Nice to see gray finally get with the picture. Just kidding eekster I love you guys. Especially your forecast discussions.

Thanks for the roving updates, be safe.

Change line is between exit 2 and 3 on 495. Some mix at exit 2 but the accuse stopped at exit 3.

It's snowing very hard in Bristol county and down to exit 3 in spots. Easily someone will pull 3-6 there

So screwed in Plymouth. ~5"

Still soo beautiful but then I see these absolutely INCREDIBLE reports of 20" to 30" ... I am SPEECHLESS. Something that will not happen again for centuries

Now that im finally starting to settle down for the night I can't believe I really got 22 inches today but the yardstick isn't lying. Its awesome I have been on the lousy side many times. 5" in october still isn't bad, but I would feel screwed too Sam. Least you didn't lose power right?

Ray, Will, Ekster, MRG (happiest Man on Earth) all out of power and not on?

I will tell ALL - This is the Worst damage here in North Cumberland I've seen since the April Fool's Day Blizzard, and I got over FOUR Times as much snow in that one (30" to 7" right now) and All I've seen is what I have seen with my headlights along the the few roads I saw. I fear the damage I will see tomorrow. The worst damage Other than this and April Fool's Day? 2 months ago in Irene. What a year.

I will wake up at 6am to try and shake as many trees as possible. Just as I did on April Fool's morning. Though then I had to swim in it as I was small.

Sent from Phone. No Power.

Everything covered here at home. I really got out of dodge just in time. It must be an absolute nightmare in Easton, Sharon, Norton, Brockton etc right now.

The r/s line diddled around 495/24 for quite some time. When it finally moved, it moved fast. At least in the car thermo the mix line set in at about 37. The mix zone was narrow, maybe 2 tenths of a mile. Temps dove from 37 36 35 and at 33 it would go to a heavy snow. This held suit all the way down to the water here in Plymouth. At first the line was moving maybe 5-10 mph SE, once it really got on its horse it was going faster than I could drive. You can see it rushing east now towards Phil.

I did a good thing tonight in helping an old friend. Old being the operative word. As it turns out I got to enjoy the snow the whole way, and arrived home to moderate snow. I will never again in my lifetime drive through mod-heavy snow in SE MA before Halloween as part of a snowstorm. It just won't happen. Glad I got to witness the change line.

I doubt we will hear from some of these guys for days on end. If Easton was that bad at 11-12 with 1" of snow...yikes with 3-6"

Archived