e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last measurement was 15.3". I suppose 20's within reach, but a great storm even if Ii don't. The plow just went by for the second time--busy night for Jim. I imagine they had to make some calls to remember where they keep the plow! lol

29.1/28

1.53" is a great storm event for October, isn't it? What you;'ve got is EPIC!

no its not, greenwich back country got crushed shelton crushed ......best forcing was north and west, this one stings though especially when okx went 8-12....im happy for those that are killing it, but its october and it makes sense where the snow is accumulating. Good news is both the gfs and euro ens mean are torching starting mid week through mid november, perfect for leaf clean up

I'm in the same boat as you being right along the Sound. I said last night that I didn't expect much more than an inch or two, though this has surpassed my expectations so far since we've officially received 3 maybe 4 inches if you measured right at the peak depth. Light to occasionally moderate snow continues here, but with the mid-30s temp it's falling about as quickly as it melts so we've been pretty much steady-state since this afternoon. Roads are in good shape, mostly wet though some are slushy. As expected back country getting the bulk of the snow, limbs down, and power outages. Luckily in Greenwich we have our own branch of CL&P that only services our town and a tree and highway department that will work around the clock cleaning up the tree limbs for those that are stuck in the dark tonight. I'll be interested to see how cold we can get tomorrow night. Only fly in the ointment will be how much wind is left by late afternoon tomorrow. Might be enough to prevent a complete free fall.

20" now here in Lenox. Snow growth is absolutely phenomenal. Large dendrite aggregates pouring out of the sky. That band seems to pivoting on top of me. We may rip for another few hours. Wow!

:snowman:

4.5" here. Good, but not great banding over me. I've been on the northern edge of the band on the edge of the GYX radar so with N/NNE winds the echoes over me are probably being blown to Canterbury.

Archived