wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am speechless at what is transpiring and about to continue to transpire in the Berkshires (West and East Slopes)...

This band is absolutely sick... I mean when you are getting 2-3" per hour sustained for 3-4+ hours like that area has...its just incredible for anytime of year. The fact that its October is ridiculous. 30-40dbz over entire counties.

This band looks like what traversed us during Valentines Day '07, leaving 12" in 4 hours. However, that was in February with temps in the single digits; this is before Halloween! Pete, Mike, Mitch I'm raising a beer to you guys (and everyone in SNE)... this is the definition of epic.

An absolute crush job Scott. Looks to continue for a while too.

I am speechless at what is transpiring and about to continue to transpire in the Berkshires (West and East Slopes)...

This band is absolutely sick... I mean when you are getting 2-3" per hour sustained for 3-4+ hours like that area has...its just incredible for anytime of year. The fact that its October is ridiculous. 30-40dbz over entire counties.

This band looks like what traversed us during Valentines Day '07, leaving 12" in 4 hours. However, that was in February with temps in the single digits; this is before Halloween! Pete, Mike, Mitch I'm raising a beer to you guys (and everyone in SNE)... this is the definition of epic.

Right back at you. If this is the Halloween treat, I can't wait for Christmas!

Look at the subsidence to the NW of that mega-band. Eastern CT and areas SE of that mega-band starting to thin out a bit. Of course that band will traverse the rest of SNE so everyone will get rocked for at least a bit. But you can clearly see the pivot point and areas from northern ORH county and southern NH back through the Berkshires and then just south of Albany... those areas are getting crushed.

Cut Albany County in half from sw to ne.... It looks like the river towns from Downtown Albany south have been in the enhanced stuff... Meanwhile Light to occasionally moderate snow continues here and I don't think the better stuff can move any further inland. It's a nice snow...not too wet at 30F.

Look at the subsidence to the NW of that mega-band. Eastern CT and areas SE of that mega-band starting to thin out a bit. Of course that band will traverse the rest of SNE so everyone will get rocked for at least a bit. But you can clearly see the pivot point and areas from northern ORH county and southern NH back through the Berkshires and then just south of Albany... those areas are getting crushed.

Dry slot working it way us southern worcester county, light snow here now, tons of tree limbs down, I couldnt get out my side door, a large limb snapped and fell up against it.

I honestly cannot believe what I am seeing tonight. Just the most incredible thing considering Oct. Heck, great stom in January

Hard to get sustained rates like this for so long

I was away from my computer for a long time--what areas got hit by the dry slot? How long has it been hanging around? I though thtat was suposed to be to the east.

SN++ again

Eastern CT mostly.. seems to be affecting up to ORH and points NE now a little. Mt tolland getting dryslotted pretty good past hour. Should collapse east soon.

Archived