• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

Nice, if you were driving from Dunkin to the high school I'm up on that hill on the left.

Getting pretty wild out there... Seem to be in the midst of an increase in wind gusting and the snow has stepped up to S+ ...1/4 mil vis. I have some blowing snow coming off some of the rooftops around the neighborhood so we are at least attempting to dry out the snow type a little. Power still solid for the time being.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That GC band set up on the money from yesterday's models. The actual frontogenesis might be above 700mb which is why GC is getting crushed. They have omega smacked into the DGZ.

post-33-0-85587500-1319923818.gif

Frontogenesis slopes north and west with height. Where it intersects the SG zone, boom

That GC band set up on the money from yesterday's models. The actual frontogenesis might be above 700mb which is why GC is getting crushed. They have omega smacked into the DGZ.

post-33-0-85587500-1319923818.gif

I knew there was a reason I liked yesterday's models.

My p/c is calling for 5-9 overnight inches. When does "overnight" begin? :)

Meanwhile, the Zone forecast here sounds nice:

.TONIGHT...SNOW THIS EVENING...THEN SNOW WITH ISOLATED

THUNDERSTORMS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES.

As an aside, I like the "Hurricane Force Wind Warning" that's up!

30.3/29 SN++

30.8F 6.5" new It's incredible out.

I just got back from hiking. All of the new growth since the ice storm is bent to the ground. The 3 inch deep snow on the trail quickly became 6 inch deep snow in the open. Back home, branches are loaded and beginning to drape on the power lines. The full grown pines in front are swaying a bit too much, more than you'd ever want to see. The wind is starting to kick up and blow off some of the snow, at least. It's October.

:snowman:

RH up to 58% here

What do you think for Plymouth?

31.6F 90% -SN/SN now

I've barely had time to analyze mby, nevermind Plym, but I think you guys can pull off 5 or 6" if things break right. If that H5-H7 frontogenesis can creep up your way and hit the max dendritic growth zone then maybe you can do a little better on ratios. Given my current temp I really think I have a shot of better than 10:1 rates if things work out right.

Scott what's your rough impression for Boston proper, places like Easton, Middleboro, Plymouth?

Thinking we are gonna need more of a 360 wind in the city proper near the coast..maybe 010. Probably 8ish the city flips possible, but the further east you go...the longer it takes. Easton probably a little earlier in timing. I think your area through middleboro..probably 5-6z down there..maybe 6z to 9z possibly at pym?? These could be off by a couple of hours too..esp down there.

Archived