joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a momentary power outage here. Not sure how much longer it'll be on. Probably on bonus time now. 7" OTG and still ripping. If I'm not on soon, you'll know why.

Good luck Mitch!! It's only a matter of time before we get knocked out here but the genny is ready. Phone lines could be a problem though. This is one I'm going to remember for quite a while.

Good luck Mitch!! It's only a matter of time before we get knocked out here but the genny is ready. Phone lines could be a problem though. This is one I'm going to remember for quite a while.

Good luck out there... I feel like a lot of NE is going to be in the dark.

I still remember your story that you told about the guy you met at the store last boxing day. You asked him about the upcoming storm He told you that "I don't need to watch the forecasts, I've been through a severe NE snowstorm, and this feels like one"

The snow is falling too heavily to let any sound through. It's like being inside a down pillow.

Yeah... I stepped out for a little while to take pics, and measure. Dendrites were making a cool sizzle sound as they were hitting leaves, etc.

Plow trucks rumbling in the distance... from the far NW I could here "QPF...QPF..."

An October to remember

Chris--are you getting into this ferocoius band? Drive up the hill man--it's ludicrous. Actually--don't get in the car--it's a mess.

SN+

I'm almost up to the 4" Box is saying I'll get so I guess we wind down soon? lol.

By the looks of the trees I'm not sure how long I'll have power.

But I'll still be warm and online dammit!

Archived