joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitch, this is unreal. 5+" new since 2pm. It came in like a wall. Very intense and perfect dry snow. WOW!!!

Will put this in the obs thread, but putting it here as well. The snow is INSANE in western Franklin County. We had our first flakes at 2:15 or so. Less than two houros later, I'm over 3". Ridiculous. Just drove my daughter's friend home. 1 mile down the road. 4 cars off of Route 2. For those of us on the NW fringe of this--its' one heck of a fringe.

LOL--i just posted this in the otheer thread---over 3" here. I need to measure. UNBELIEVEABLE

30.3/29

Will put this in the obs thread, but putting it here as well. The snow is INSANE in western Franklin County. We had our first flakes at 2:15 or so. Less than two houros later, I'm over 3". Ridiculous. Just drove my daughter's friend home. 1 mile down the road. 4 cars off of Route 2. For those of us on the NW fringe of this--its' one heck of a fringe.

LOL--i just posted this in the otheer thread---over 3" here. I need to measure. UNBELIEVEABLE

30.3/29

This is big mountain snowfall rates I've seen out west/AK. Major thumpage!

I think Will was talking about regenerating meso bands. He nailed it. Very intense snow.

Yeah those are developing nicely. Usually when you have frontogenesis..you'll get these redeveloping bands, and then they move into the region of frontogenesis..and you are left with this stationary heavy band on the other side. You can see this in that radar image. :thumbsup:

Yeah those are developing nicely. Usually when you have frontogenesis..you'll get these redeveloping bands, and then they move into the region of frontogenesis..and you are left with this stationary heavy band on the other side. You can see this in that radar image. :thumbsup:

I've got to hand it to you Scott. you said 2pm and like clock work at 2pm a wall of white moved in. Kudos to will on the regenerative nature of the banding. This is truly awesome.

I've got to hand it to you Scott. you said 2pm and like clock work at 2pm a wall of white moved in. Kudos to will on the regenerative nature of the banding. This is truly awesome.

Did you really think you'd miss out on the heavy snow lol?

This radar looks freaking amazing for here right now... knock on wood

Archived