Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

Still rasn at home.

I haven't been out to check for sure but I think it's about 80/20 snow/rain so not fully changed over like I first thought.

When do folks think BOX upgrades the WWA to WSW for the city. I think it's pretty clear that the CCB is going to ravage areas in their WWA and will probably get up to warning criteria straight into the city.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about 20 minutes from Adams. They some times get shadowed but I think everyone in the Berkshires is getting smoked.

Thanks...I just got ahold of him.....he says 8 or 9" with S+....he thanked me for my "heads up" call yesterday so he could get the snowblower out of his shed!! I'm sure lots of folks out there are going to be late for Church tomorrow in God's country! ;)

Looks like we lucked out so far on shoreline here.. tree damage wise. Trees were covered with snow earlier.. As of a few minutes ago.. Wind has taken most, if not all the snow off.. Just about hit 2 inches here, 10 miles north of shoreline. Also, state outages up to 460k!! only 240k short of Irenes total!!

I just took several measurements in my front yard.

Ranged from a low of 11" to a high of 13.5"

I figure some of those higher spots had 2 or 3 inches from the old snow.

Call it 9" new. Maybe 10?

Amazing. My new is slightly less then 3". Maybe if you can get 7" more tonight, I can get as well, so I can get 10" and you can get 16".

Do you have that link to submit totals to BOX that you posted earlier?

Are you measuring on the pavement or what? My yardstick must be reading in centimeters.

went with average on picnic table and car..

I think you're at 600'? I'm at 400, so 200' may make a difference

And.. last measurement, same spots 4.5", so as soon as I complained, now exceeding 3"/hr Snowman.gif

Just got a call from the Town of Chesterfield saying they've declared a state of emergency as of 5pm. Emergency vehicles only. LOL! Just heard the first snowmachines of the year rip past down on the main road. All before halloween. NICE!

There is a legitimate chance that this is your biggest snowstorm of the season! Wow that is amazing in October, no less.

My 6:30 measurement:

12.4". Have now cleared an area where I can provide aggregate and interim readings. Nice and fluffly.

29.5/29 SN+ continues

Just about to eat homemade pizza and then head back outside to play in the snow some more. We've easily gone past 14". Just incredible snowfall rates. Snow magnet working well.

Amazing. My new is slightly less then 3". Maybe if you can get 7" more tonight, I can get as well, so I can get 10" and you can get 16".

Do you have that link to submit totals to BOX that you posted earlier?

Please do post your reports. Be sure to mention AMWX in the remarks so we know that you're here. I'm not at work, but JoeD was earlier today...not sure if he's still there now.

Very interesting storm!

--Turtle

Please do post your reports. Be sure to mention AMWX in the remarks so we know that you're here. I'm not at work, but JoeD was earlier today...not sure if he's still there now.

Very interesting storm!

--Turtle

Oops... just submitted one but did not mention AmWx

"Interesting"... huh... understatement of the day lol

BOX did a great job with this the last couple of days

You are really hearing trees/branches snapping?

So weird we haven't Even though the snow might be drier/lighter, there is a helluva lot of it. And tonds of leaves

Maybe the ice storm culled the weak branches?

I heard two, yes. They weren't loud though. Maybe more foliage and wetter snow here? It's been 32-34 the whole time its been snowing.

BTW BOX just raised point and click totals again for me, now 11-15" haha. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I am speechless at what is transpiring and about to continue to transpire in the Berkshires (West and East Slopes)...

This band is absolutely sick... I mean when you are getting 2-3" per hour sustained for 3-4+ hours like that area has...its just incredible for anytime of year. The fact that its October is ridiculous. 30-40dbz over entire counties.

This band looks like what traversed us during Valentines Day '07, leaving 12" in 4 hours. However, that was in February with temps in the single digits; this is before Halloween! Pete, Mike, Mitch I'm raising a beer to you guys (and everyone in SNE)... this is the definition of epic.

Just about to eat homemade pizza and then head back outside to play in the snow some more. We've easily gone past 14". Just incredible snowfall rates. Snow magnet working well.

No homemade here--Mystic pizza in stead.

It's still heavy, though it's hard to compare to earlier wihen it's dark Alas. Either way, congratulations--we've exceeded the high end of the WSW amounts. Onward and updward!!!

:snowman:

Archived