wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my power dim 4-5 times already, Lost DSL connection twice briefly. Would not be surprise to lose my power before the end of the evening...

Outages are continuing to increase. 435k in CT, 80k in C/W MA. The CT numbers are starting to approach Gloria/Irene territory.

Irene knocked out 486,000 of Conn Light and Power customers. Up to 418,000 and increasing rapidly every hour. Think this will be the biggest power outage in CN in history. With Irene it was warm, lots of cold people will wait a long time for power to be restored!

Erm, Irene had nearing 650K C L&P customers without power. Still a ways to go.

Just got a call from the Town of Chesterfield saying they've declared a state of emergency as of 5pm. Emergency vehicles only. LOL! Just heard the first snowmachines of the year rip past down on the main road. All before halloween. NICE!

Wow! Observing from afar and loving it for my snow lovin' brethren!!!

How far are you from the Adams/N. Adams area? I have a buddy out there, and haven't been able to get a hold of him today...

Well since it's flipped over to all snow and now the temps are hovering around 33, I'd bet the MA outage number may skyrocket if we start getting some shotguns in the city especially later tonight when the CCB pivots overhead. Glad I moved the car away from all the trees earlier today. scooter.gif

Obviously a once in a lifetime storm, so awesome.

Wow! Observing from afar and loving it for my snow lovin' brethren!!!

How far are you from the Adams/N. Adams area? I have a buddy out there, and haven't been able to get a hold of him today...

I'm about 20 minutes from Adams. They some times get shadowed but I think everyone in the Berkshires is getting smoked.

continues to snow steadily, but even under impressive echoes has not gone totally nuts yet

between 1.5-2" now so averaging a little better than .5" hr for the last couple

Are you measuring on the pavement or what? My yardstick must be reading in centimeters.

Archived