amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
the October snowstorm Ian Disaster its going to be a long winter thread

Ji

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clearly an issue but the other poster said no snow will stick because it's been warm and a half yr since a freeze etc. Heavy rates can overcome most obstacles though obviously roads etc won't likely be a huge problem if it's during the day in particular. If it's all light then you're definitely into more of an issue. Both sides get kind of stubborn on this..

Agree. Wasn't contradicting you or Phineas. Just pointing out that the ground is really warm. It has to be a special event in October with temps in the 30's.

top 15 DC snowstorm in october.. sure.

Don't count it out - we've had a hurricane, earthquake and tornadoes around the area this year. We are due for a massive October blizzard. Take it to the bank. Then we will have La Palma collapse and deliver a tsunami in November.

Yep, still too early to jump on it but it even cools the boundary layer to below freezing by 11 Am from Frederick to just northwest of Baltimore. It's an exciting run for the weenies. I'm suspecting that a certain black man is thinking white.

:lmao: thats sig worthy, hard to believe we are tracking this stuff so early. it would be funny if we don't track another chance until january

Don't count it out - we've had a hurricane, earthquake and tornadoes around the area this year. We are due for a massive October blizzard. Take it to the bank. Then we will have La Palma collapse and deliver a tsunami in November.

if it's going to snow i guess it might as well really snow... but with no continuity in the model it's just pretty pictures

Although you know how I feel about your pessimism, I think you are essentially correct. It's fun to look at it, but climatology trumps all. Realistically, I think the most we can hope for is to see it snowing on Saturday.

that's not even pessimism. if we get 12"+ snow from this storm i'll find a new hobby effective on sunday. there won't be much more to see. tho im still skeptical of these snow maps more than normal given the warmth prior and likely bad ratios. i dunno if they're all doing 10:1 standard etc but i'd be tempted to chop that almost in half.

that's not even pessimism. if we get 12"+ snow from this storm i'll find a new hobby effective on sunday. there won't be much more to see. tho im still skeptical of these snow maps more than normal given the warmth prior and likely bad ratios. i dunno if they're all doing 10:1 standard etc but i'd be tempted to chop that almost in half.

So 6 inches. I'll take it :devilsmiley:

Is that on top of the NAM precip chop. So 12 > 6 > 3 ;)

If measurable snow fell in Richmond, even out here where Midlo and I are, I would probably die of shock. I'd actually be a little annoyed as I don't know what it would do to the veggies I still have growing. The bok choy would probably survive okay, but the brussels sprouts, broccoli, and carrots might not like it too much.

:lol:

18znamsnow_NE054.gif

Yep, still too early to jump on it but it even cools the boundary layer to below freezing by 11 Am from Frederick to just northwest of Baltimore. It's an exciting run for the weenies. I'm suspecting that a certain black man is thinking white.

If this solution is still there tomorrow at this time...then I might be inclined to believe it and then divide by 4

Archived