• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

37/35 Nice day on tap. Finally get some yard work done.

So Irene wiped out the Greenfield public golf course in August and I just heard that yesterday the Greenfield Country Club burned to the ground.

Total loss and many members had their equipment stored there.

Saw that on the news. Perfect excuse to get new clubs. Hmmmmm that gives me an idea.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37/35 Nice day on tap. Finally get some yard work done.

So Irene wiped out the Greenfield public golf course in August and I just heard that yesterday the Greenfield Country Club burned to the ground.

Total loss and many members had their equipment stored there.

I saw the Irene damage last Saturday when I was on my way back from W. Springfield. That's too bad.

Can you use power tools ? Maybe we could work something out.

I had my GPS on, not to tell me where I was going, but to see what the elevation was. When we got above 1400' I laughed and told Lisa "we're up higher than MRG's place right now."

There was a big difference between 1kft and 1.5kft in the foliage. 1kft had moderate leaf drop and a mix of color/brown. 1.5kft was almost complete leaf drop.

I had my GPS on, not to tell me where I was going, but to see what the elevation was. When we got above 1400' I laughed and told Lisa "we're up higher than MRG's place right now."

There was a big difference between 1kft and 1.5kft in the foliage. 1kft had moderate leaf drop and a mix of color/brown. 1.5kft was almost complete leaf drop.

LOL, so nice that you think of me. We're pretty much bare here and above my house nothing left essentially. 2k has been bare for a while now. It is amazing how elevation is such a player even when it's just a couple of hundred feet. That's why I can't wait to move to AK where the elevation changes are in the thousands of feet. My brainwashing of the wife is starting to pay off. She has agreed to move.....if I can provide a second home in Hawaii which is a relatively short flight away. Is Hawaii expensive?

Tell the little lady your clubs were stored there...

I'm surprised you golf Pete. I thought that it would be a little too girlie man of a sport for you

This is the end of my 4th season. I grew up in a family of Doctors that were all avid golfers. I played a little when I was a teen but always rejected it in favor of tennis. A few years ago one of my close friends that is a golfer agreed, after constant teasing, to resume skiing if I played a round of golf with him. I held up my end of the bargain and ended up getting addicted. He has yet to ski with me.lol To play it proficiently you must have strength, great eye/hand coordination and perhaps most importantly the ability to focus mentally. I've had to eat my words about golf but I'm so very happy to have a way to pass the off season which, at times, is unbearably long. Down to an 8 handicap this year with the ultimate goal of being a scratch golfer.

Jerry, I saw some fat squirrels this morning in my yard.

Story we ran this AM

HARD TO FATTEN UP FOR THE WINTER WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO EAT.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM PLAGUING SQUIRRELS, BEARS AND OTHER ANIMALS IN CONNECTICUT.

SEVERAL THINGS ARE TO BLAME, THEY SAY, INCLUDING RAINFALL AND HUMIDITY DURING SPRING FLOWERING.

THE LACK OF ACORNS MAY NOT BE ALL BAD.

RESEARCHERS SAY A HEAVY ACORN CROP IS A SIGN OF A HARD, SNOWY WINTER TO COME.

Story we ran this AM

HARD TO FATTEN UP FOR THE WINTER WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO EAT.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM PLAGUING SQUIRRELS, BEARS AND OTHER ANIMALS IN CONNECTICUT.

SEVERAL THINGS ARE TO BLAME, THEY SAY, INCLUDING RAINFALL AND HUMIDITY DURING SPRING FLOWERING.

THE LACK OF ACORNS MAY NOT BE ALL BAD.

RESEARCHERS SAY A HEAVY ACORN CROP IS A SIGN OF A HARD, SNOWY WINTER TO COME.

Acorns now affect the NAO, niñas, and QBO

wonder if guidance brings back the more inland bombing solution over the next few days. we're in that anecdotal window where sometimes we see models lose something only to see it come back in a day or two.

It's a pretty complicated set-up. Depends how much and when it begins to phase with the northern stream. It could still end up being a snowstorm for Michigan lol

Wow...quite the inversion on the Albany, NY sounding this morning. I doubt we're going to be able to mix it out today. As such, looks like mostly cloudy skies will continue, despite the NWS forecast for mostly sunny skies here. Clouds were persistent here all night, keeping us at 43º, while places in CT that cleared out got close to freezing. No freeze here yet. At this rate, it will snow before we get a freeze.

Not too excited about the upcoming threat yet for this area just yet, but it bears watching. Some flakes at 2K looks like a good possibility as the system pulls away, particularly if GFS has its way.

wonder if guidance brings back the more inland bombing solution over the next few days. we're in that anecdotal window where sometimes we see models lose something only to see it come back in a day or two.

Exactly why I didn't take Kevin's advice of a high of 42 with snow.

Wow...quite the inversion on the Albany, NY sounding this morning. I doubt we're going to be able to mix it out today. As such, looks like mostly cloudy skies will continue, despite the NWS forecast for mostly sunny skies here. Clouds were persistent here all night, keeping us at 43º, while places in CT that cleared out got close to freezing. No freeze here yet. At this rate, it will snow before we get a freeze.

Not too excited about the upcoming threat yet for this area just yet, but it bears watching. Some flakes at 2K looks like a good possibility as the system pulls away, particularly if GFS has its way.

OKX this morning

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/... 900 AM UPDATE...A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY WITH CLOUD COVER TODAY. STRONG SUBSIDENCE HAS MOISTURE TRAPPED BELOW. NWP SYSTEMS DID A HORRIBLE JOB FORECASTING THIS. WILL THUS FOLLOW LATEST RUC...PERSISTENCE AND SUBJECTIVE LOCAL KNOWLEDGE TO KEEP CLOUDS IN FOR THE EASTERN SECTION AND LET THEM ERODE OVER THE CITY.

Hudson Valley runner. Yesterdays GFS had some more wound up solutions. It's the Euro and GGEM that are losing this way SE right now... but they could def be right too in taking the baroclinic axis all the way to the coast instead of hanging it up in the interior.

2-4 flakes

Yeah probably, lol. I'm starting to think first flakes (at least for the hills) are going to happen in this whole cold snap...even if its cold rain that ends as flakes or a few flakes as the core of the upper low passes over...even on the 2nd shortwave.

It's a pretty complicated set-up. Depends how much and when it begins to phase with the northern stream. It could still end up being a snowstorm for Michigan lol

It's true. It's inherently an unstable solution without any significant blocking upstream or downstream. The whole set up is dependent on a transient 50/50 low with minimal shortwave ridging between the two troughs, so it acts to suppress everything south, rather than amplifying into a GL cutter

Archived