• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

I don't know, the close proximatey of you and socks, with your negative energy, may be enough to produce another localized snow hole. Worse than the one you generated for yourself last year.

I will do extra work to handle Socks. Soon he will see "threading the needle" means something different up here. You will have to handle Dave.

Together....we shall overcome. The Circle of Trust continue....

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 deer running rampant all over the lawn..eating all the mums, all the rhododendrums..just giant rats. couldn't scare them off cuz kids are watching them

I'll send down the bobcat we heard in the woods behind the house last night. We have more than a mile of woods going straight back, so lots of wildlife. We heard a strange sound for about 20 minutes....listened on youtube thinking it was a fisher cat coyote or maybe a moose. Then heard a bobcat tape and that was it. We can loan it to you as they will take deer occasionally.

I will do extra work to handle Socks. Soon he will see "threading the needle" means something different up here. You will have to handle Dave.

Together....we shall overcome. The Circle of Trust continue....

CoT will spring back into action soon Mark. Socks still has the Dobbs Ferry loser attitude, he needs to re-calibrate. It shouldn't take long once the flakes fly and he sees he is now on the winning side of things. I don't know what to do about Dave though. He is older and more entrenched in the "woe is me" attitude. I have bigger problems closer to home. MPM's constant fretting about QPF and his ability to see obvious East slope slam dunks as possible duds will require much of my attention. Hopefully, through sheer force of will on our part, these less than pious souls will see the white.

CoT will spring back into action soon Mark. Socks still has the Dobbs Ferry loser attitude, he needs to re-calibrate. It shouldn't take long once the flakes fly and he sees he is now on the winning side of things. I don't know what to do about Dave though. He is older and more entrenched in the "woe is me" attitude. I have bigger problems closer to home. MPM's constant fretting about QPF and his ability to see obvious East slope slam dunks as possible duds will require much of my attention. Hopefully, through sheer force of will on our part, these less than pious souls will see the white.

Dobbs Ferry has had 70" snowfall the past two years, almost the average in Rindge, NH. NYC has definitely been on the winning side with the largest positive snowfall anomaly of all major East Coast climate sites since the 02-03 cold season.

Dobbs Ferry has had 70" snowfall the past two years, almost the average in Rindge, NH. NYC has definitely been on the winning side with the largest positive snowfall anomaly of all major East Coast climate sites since the 02-03 cold season.

Totally anomolous and not likely to be replicated anytime soon. 70" can only be described as a lack luster total anywhere but Dobbs Ferry. Your presence in Rindge maybe a curse for local snow lovers.

D'uh huh. You need to understand the nature of the SNE forum. We tease each other mercilessly but we're really one big happy family Socks. Get with the program and don't be such a Hurtyhurtz.

I basically like you, I don't know what you're saying. We're all playing the same game on here.

0z ECM looks chilly in the longer range with a +PNA despite the lack of high-latitude blocking. Looks as if the monster vortex over Baffin Island isn't moving soon, unfortunately.

I'll send down the bobcat we heard in the woods behind the house last night. We have more than a mile of woods going straight back, so lots of wildlife. We heard a strange sound for about 20 minutes....listened on youtube thinking it washing a fisher cat coyote or maybe a moose. Then heard a bobcat tape and that was it. We can loan it to you as they will take deer occasionally.

I heard the same thing two nights ago. Was walking into my porch on the side of the house with no outdoor lights. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. At least I know what it was now.

44/42, off a low of 41. Cloudy and cool here. It's very funny to read the Debbie Downer posts on 10/22. I'm going to archive some of the more despondent ones for taunting at a later, snowier date.

Leading candidates.

1. Weatherfella

2.CTrain

3. Hubbdave

4. Socks

WOW 41, nice way to start the day +10 for you:( since your normal low now is 31 degrees..................

WOW 41, nice way to start the day +10 for you:( since your normal low now is 31 degrees..................

I love how a +10F departure is "cloudy and cool." When I ran to Dunkin Donuts to get coffee this morning, I found it to be rather mild for late October in the NH mountains. Certainly not a chilly morning given the calendar date. AFN/Jaffrey only made it down to 45F, that's like average for Dobbs Ferry now and we're in NNE. Pathetic.

You have major ****ing issues man........major

LOL, Hey Cheetah got suspended but I have his e-mail address. Are you still in? What's better for you Tues/Wed? I want to fire an e-mail off to him and firm things up.

I basically like you, I don't know what you're saying. We're all playing the same game on here.

0z ECM looks chilly in the longer range with a +PNA despite the lack of high-latitude blocking. Looks as if the monster vortex over Baffin Island isn't moving soon, unfortunately.

I like you to Nate. The problem with jocular humor in post style is that you can't hear or see that the other guy is just fooling around. It's easy to misread the other guys intentions. I like everyone in here, well, maybe not the "Torch Twins" , but pretty much everybody else. I think we'll both have a fun Winter worth of model watching and heavy snow. Just remember when I post something about you I'm kidding, I think your a real asset here in the SNE forum. If we could just get rid of these pesky warm weather lovers that pollute the threads with torch talk this place would be fantastic.

I love how a +10F departure is "cloudy and cool." When I ran to Dunkin Donuts to get coffee this morning, I found it to be rather mild for late October in the NH mountains. Certainly not a chilly morning given the calendar date. AFN/Jaffrey only made it down to 45F, that's like average for Dobbs Ferry now and we're in NNE. Pathetic.

You wont be saying pathetic when were 24 hours out of the first major noreaster and rindge is scheduled for 24+

Should be 29 or 30 overnight tonight. You better get off the computer and start practicing. It will be an uncomfortable and awkward moment on 18 green when you have to shake the hand of a rank amateur that just beat a PGA pro.

Spin it how ever you like, 41 degrees and damp is a cool temp regardless of the date.

Ok Boys, (so sexist) everybody off the computers and outside. we've wasted half the day already. later.

While you were getting blisters on your fingertips from the keyboard, I was paddling Little Sebago. Was out there since 6 am in the dark. Might've been the last excursion of the season. Endless winter about to commence.

I'm a changed man.........

Ok Boys, (so sexist) everybody off the computers and outside. we've wasted half the day already. later.

Um-----I've already stacked 1/4 cord of wood and split a cord and a half today and it's not yet noon.

49.4/41

While you were getting blisters on your fingertips from the keyboard, I was paddling Little Sebago. Was out there since 6 am in the dark. Might've been the last excursion of the season. Endless winter about to commence.

I'm a changed man.........

Um-----I've already stacked 1/4 cord of wood and split a cord and a half today and it's not yet noon.

49.4/41

Good, it makes up a little for all the days you guys spend here while I'm working. Lazy sh*ts. Saturday morning is the one morning I can goof off a little. Mike, I'm going to monitor the progress of your change all season.

Good, it makes up a little for all the days you guys spend here while I'm working. Lazy sh*ts. Saturday morning is the one morning I can goof off a little. Mike, I'm going to monitor the progress of your change all season.

Lol. I'm a changed man.....

Meanwhile, taking a break from the wood. Will be getting the new cat :(. Then running more wood and perhaps get a little football action pending ohter opportunities.

Bit breezy out there--gusted to 16mph. Not too bad for a 2m siting.

49.1/40

Interestingly, most of you in the southern climes are colder than most of Mass this morning. Perhaps our overcast was thicker/earlier than yours.

Man parts of the south coast are colder than we are up here this morning... had an early low of 43F last night just after midnight, then it sat at 45F with -RN/DZ all night.

We cannot buy a normal morning low to save our lives up here... normal now is 32-33F and its hard to even get to "normal" temperatures when you start each day with a +10F or greater departure.

I think some areas had a light frost, but we really have not had anything widespread, especially killing. In looking at the actual statement, I suppose it's fine, as they still say they will issue advisories for a freeze for many areas.

I was wondering why ALY is still issuing for their VT valley zone as well as the northern Mohawk Valley/southern slope of the 'Dacks zones.... their growing season has to be pretty similar to a lot of areas interior in BOX's CWA.

Archived