• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

Just awesome as usual. Lots of Chugach action. Quite the spanking that one wipeout was. "When you let go, that's when the real adventure starts." Hope you leave the relative safety of WAWA and chase some bigger kicks this year Dave. Go Go Go !!!!!!

Well, I have been to a number of New England peaks and to Whistler... Variety and challenge is good, but reality is a b**ch

WaWa is free this year and close but maybe I can parley the savings into trips north

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45F. Too moist but used to it.

Where will you be at 5k?

I'll be at 2K (Wachusett) Saturday

about 3 miles south of mt. wash. i'll probably hike the ridge line to about 5500' ......i will have about time to do about that....it's a hike i'm a bit more comfortable with

i hauled butt up last week at 330 by 515 i was way above the glen boulder (which is an interesting view)

http://www.adventuredrop.com/3834_Glen-Boulder-Trail-:-White-Mountain-National-Forest.html

Well, I have been to a number of New England peaks and to Whistler... Variety and challenge is good, but reality is a b**ch

WaWa is free this year and close but maybe I can parley the savings into trips north

There will be a blessed day in the not to distant future when Magic Mtn. gets a powder bomb. It's close and cheap. I will meet you and Pickles there and guide you to the stashes. You choose how big we go. I promise it'll be a good time. (MRG would be the best but few ever follow through and meet me there, maybe the freak this year.)

There will be a blessed day in the not to distant future when Magic Mtn. gets a powder bomb. It's close and cheap. I will meet you and Pickles there and guide you to the stashes. You choose how big we go. I promise it'll be a good time. (MRG would be the best but few ever follow through and meet me there, maybe the freak this year.)

why not just meet us at wa wa ....well even go to the top :weight_lift:

I hope Magic gets nailed this year. I will try MRG but it might be embarrassing

Not a technical skier by any means...but I would try it

I gots me a helmet

I've never lost anybody. Well, there was that one time but he didn't listen. Anyway, serious offer, great place for intermediates to try some steeper stuff while still having plenty of wide open mellow terrain.

Bare spots, rock skis?

That one pic was of the upper part of Redline, not the best cover that day. Magic needs a healthy snowpack to make the steep stuff viable. When its good its really good though. I always travel with a pair of rock skis or two. There is something very liberating about skiing boards that you can trash.

Is Ski Ward still around?

Yup, never been though, I just go to wawa.

good to see you on here this evening...smile.gif

Thanks! unsure.gif

I've never lost anybody. Well, there was that one time but he didn't listen. Anyway, serious offer, great place for intermediates to try some steeper stuff while still having plenty of wide open mellow terrain.

I'd die on that haha. My skiing could use some work. I can't even do the "black diamond" trails at wawa. Well, maybe I can, but I haven't yet.

My son and I saw dudes shooting sparks hitting rocks this past season. Cool looking but naso good for da bases

You think ENSO is bs for New England? Tell me more

Bases are easily fixed with P-tex. Shark bites out of your edges are the killers. You should get a tuning kit and learn how to sharpen your skis. Keeping them razor sharp all season will give you greater confidence in marginal conditions. So many people get a tune at the beginning of the year and then call it good for the season. Big mistake.

Thanks! unsure.gif

I'd die on that haha. My skiing could use some work. I can't even do the "black diamond" trails at wawa. Well, maybe I can, but I haven't yet.

You'll never know until you try. Don't be afraid, just take it slow. The worst that can really happen is you'll fall. If you do you just get up and do it some more. Eventually you'll shred.

Bases are easily fixed with P-tex. Shark bites out of your edges are the killers. You should get a tuning kit and learn how to sharpen your skis. Keeping them razor sharp all season will give you greater confidence in marginal conditions. So many people get a tune at the beginning of the year and then call it good for the season. Big mistake.

I took in the boards 4 times to get edged last season but needed them done more

Hard to do it without the machines/grinders? Lost art for most of us. Steer me...

Thanks! unsure.gif

The "black diamonds" are not difficult at all... Just depends on the idiots. Wachusett attracts lots of chuckleheads that have no problem running over a 9 year old. Go midweek nights. Quite fun

10th is no more difficult than Conifer

I took in the boards 4 times to get edged last season but needed them done more

Hard to do it without the machines/grinders? Lost art for most of us. Steer me...

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/swix-deluxe-alpine-ski-tuning-kit~p~1869u/?utm_source=PriceGrabber&utm_medium=PaidShopping&utm_term=Swix_Deluxe_Alpine_Ski_Tuning_Kit&utm_campaign=PCPRGRABBER11&codes-processed=true

There are tons of different kits and methods. This is a basic one. When I was a kid family friends owned a ski shop and we used to go there at night to tune up our skis. A flat file, scraper and a few sticks of P-tex is all you really need.

You'll never know until you try. Don't be afraid, just take it slow. The worst that can really happen is you'll fall. If you do you just get up and do it some more. Eventually you'll shred.

Yeah I know. Part of the problem is most of my friends never really got into skiing, and neither did I until the last few years. I only ski with either my cousins or with just my dad. Hopefully in college I'll be able to get out there more.

The "black diamonds" are not difficult at all... Just depends on the idiots. Wachusett attracts lots of chuckleheads that have no problem running over a 9 year old. Go midweek nights. Quite fun

10th is no more difficult than Conifer

Yeah...that's why I put it in quotes. Yeah I've done Conifer but not 10th. It was extremely icy when I did it...so it wasn't in great shape...but it wasn't a big deal at all. .

Afraid to have both legs attached to one object?

I used to be way into skateboarding, I have snowboarded but I find it a far less graceful and effective way to get around in the alpine. Very steep tree covered terrain like MRG demands skis, that's one o the reasons they don't permit snowboarders.

I used to be way into skateboarding, I have snowboarded but I find it a far less graceful and effective way to get around in the alpine. Very steep tree covered terrain like MRG demands skis, that's one o the reasons they don't permit snowboarders.

Decided to stop once the long locks were getting caught in the wheels?

Archived