amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS keeps the streams split compared to previous runs and we get the cutoff left behind in the SE and the nrn s/w Fri/Fri night. It gives mostly snow for the higher terrain up here, and probably even some RA to wet SN to some sticking snow here. It's still not worth the weenies overanalyzing every height contour for every model run though. If we can get this inside a few days then maybe I'll be more optimistic. Until then I'm either expecting a cold rainstorm or a frontal passage with SHRA to SHSN.

12z GFS keeps the streams split compared to previous runs and we get the cutoff left behind in the SE and the nrn s/w Fri/Fri night. It gives mostly snow for the higher terrain up here, and probably even some RA to wet SN to some sticking snow here. It's still not worth the weenies overanalyzing every height contour for every model run though. If we can get this inside a few days then maybe I'll be more optimistic. Until then I'm either expecting a cold rainstorm or a frontal passage with SHRA to SHSN.

I am actually liking the warmer, wet and windy EC moreso than the GFS solution. Get ready for whole gale perhaps even storm force E-SE winds then windy & colder post storm with little wraparound precip or backlash due to dry slot from hell

I am actually liking the warmer, wet and windy EC moreso than the GFS solution. Get ready for whole gale perhaps even storm force E-SE winds then windy & colder post storm with little wraparound precip or backlash due to dry slot from hell

Hey Andy! Hope you had a good summer. Hoping to see a lot of you in here this Winter. Sometimes your reality checks come in handy when certain posters start to run off the rails.

Hey Andy! Hope you had a good summer. Hoping to see a lot of you in here this Winter. Sometimes your reality checks come in handy when certain posters start to run off the rails.

Thanks man! I hope to be in. As best as I can I'll be around as I am currently limited to typing with 1 hand and a finger or two for the next 2months! Liking the fall pattern so far

potential for some block buster Miller A or Miller B systems.

BTW Here's why I am typing with one hand:

Thanks man! I hope to be in. As best as I can I'll be around as I am currently limited to typing with 1 hand and a finger or two for the next 2months! Liking the fall pattern so far

potential for some block buster Miller A or Miller B systems.

BTW Here's why I am typing with one hand:

Ouch--what happened?

Accumulating snow at the top of Mansfield right now...upslope rain in the valley.

47 -RN here

33 -SN up top

Nice!!

49.5/39

Archived