joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob would be better to start, but we can roll out the big guns in DJF...

1 month until skiing (well, maybe a week after that...)

Return to some cooler air on tap, a distant threat (not execting much), and models getting dusted off.

Nice

You need mountain juju. You are dangerously close to being placed on Ullr's watch list. Your pessimism has already been noted.

Where's my qpf!?!?!?

Jerry and I against the weenies...

Go snow or go home.

For the record, I'm not expecting accumulating snow at my .371k location attm. However, I have taken a keen interest in model runs that prior to today I didn't give a second thought to. I'm hopeful for First Flakes. Anything beyond is gravy. After all, it's only October and we're talking a week away. Tomorrow at this time we might have a consensus HV runner with screaming and damaging winds for all we know.

Heavy snow upcoming... typical GFS SE bias on this one... get out your shovel, snowblowers, snowpants, skis, milk, eggs, firewood, computer, 5 hour energies, beers, a lot of beers, music, shampoo, mary J, foot warmers, hand warmers, SNES, N64, wine, juju, snow plow guy's number, new coldplay CD, tubes, more beers, Guinness( Kevin), whatever you gotta do to get ready.....

Heavy snow upcoming... typical GFS SE bias on this one... get out your shovel, snowblowers, snowpants, skis, milk, eggs, firewood, computer, 5 hour energies, beers, a lot of beers, music, shampoo, mary J, foot warmers, hand warmers, SNES, N64, wine, juju, snow plow guy's number, new coldplay CD, tubes, more beers, Guinness( Kevin), whatever you gotta do to get ready.....

issue 5/days.

Go snow or go home.

For the record, I'm not expecting accumulating snow at my .371k location attm. However, I have taken a keen interest in model runs that prior to today I didn't give a second thought to. I'm hopeful for First Flakes. Anything beyond is gravy. After all, it's only October and we're talking a week away. Tomorrow at this time we might have a consensus HV runner with screaming and damaging winds for all we know.

I'm a bit more optimistic for another cold period in early November too than I was a few days ago...so if we can't manage first flakes out of this one, we will probably have another chance pretty shortly after...it looks like the ensembles want to moderate the air mass a bit near or after Halloween but then cool us off again a few days later....hopefully that stays as we get closer.

dude.. really.

moneypitdave?

That's funny.

Could be qpf issues in Hubbardston.

So is this.

They are showing TGR's newest at WaWa on Nov 5

You should go.

https://www.wachuset...02/Default.aspx

Cool. TGR is the best in the genre. Skied with Scot Schmidt a few years back, one of their pioneers. Always look forward to their newest release. I am so stoked to ski.

cloudy

calm

pig

beer

smiles

:snowman:

Awesome Joe. Looks like Cheetah got banned but I think I have his e-mail address. Don't know that he'll be able to pick up PM's. Really want to get out with you guys this week.

what is Ullr?

Norse God of skiing and archery. The Glorious father of snowy domains. To be feared and revered.

That's funny.

So is this.

Cool. TGR is the best in the genre. Skied with Scot Schmidt a few years back, one of their pioneers. Always look forward to their newest release. I am so stoked to ski.

Awesome Joe. Looks like Cheetah got banned but I think I have his e-mail address. Don't know that he'll be able to pick up PM's. Really want to get out with you guys this week.

Norse God of skiing and archery. The Glorious father of snowy domains. To be feared and revered.

Is that a photo shopped pic of Pete?

49.3F. Not cooling fast enough

what your DP.

this is rotten cool airmass ....derivative of feb/march 2010 .....disgusting.

thankfully i'll be goin up to the white's tommorrow...i'll let you know how the weather is at 5k around 3pm.....can't wait to see the first flakes of the year (finger's crossed) .....was in sleet last weekend there

For Peter...(and Pickles)

Just awesome as usual. Lots of Chugach action. Quite the spanking that one wipeout was. "When you let go, that's when the real adventure starts." Hope you leave the relative safety of WAWA and chase some bigger kicks this year Dave. Go Go Go !!!!!!

what your DP.

this is rotten cool airmass ....derivative of feb/march 2010 .....disgusting.

thankfully i'll be goin up to the white's tommorrow...i'll let you know how the weather is at 5k around 3pm.....can't wait to see the first flakes of the year (finger's crossed) .....was in sleet last weekend there

45F. Too moist but used to it.

Where will you be at 5k?

I'll be at 2K (Wachusett) Saturday

Archived