joxey
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

98% of us have not seen a frost or a freeze

It's colder here this morning than you 44.6

The end of the growing season does not require a frost. So, if the growing season is over, frost doesn't mean much.

I'd expect you to be colder than me this morning. My overnights more frequently than not are around the ORH readings. By the way--did you get your station hooked back up?

46.2/40

The end of the growing season does not require a frost. So, if the growing season is over, frost doesn't mean much.

I'd expect you to be colder than me this morning. My overnights more frequently than not are around the ORH readings. By the way--did you get your station hooked back up?

46.2/40

I have to figure out the file/folder thing. Just haven't had time

According to Ginx and MPM everyone has seen a killing frost/freeze

I shouldn't say nobody, but most have not seen a killing frost/freeze. It's annoying they are bound by climo. It's equivalent to saying the growing season has started at some point in May, when things have been growing for 3 weeks.

I shouldn't say nobody, but most have not seen a killing frost/freeze. It's annoying they are bound by climo. It's equivalent to saying the growing season has started at some point in May, when things have been growing for 3 weeks.

I am confused as I thought for sure on my way to work a couple of weeks ago the entire 33 miles the grass and everything else was frost covered, had ice on my windshield as did all my coworkers.

I am confused as I thought for sure on my way to work a couple of weeks ago the entire 33 miles the grass and everything else was frost covered.

I think some areas had a light frost, but we really have not had anything widespread, especially killing. In looking at the actual statement, I suppose it's fine, as they still say they will issue advisories for a freeze for many areas.

Yeah they are going by climo, but nobody has really seen a good frost or a freeze. However, even so..nothing is really growing anyways since it's so late.

I still have Kale, mustard greens, arugula, swiss chard, spinach carrots and collards growing. Covering them with a plastic hoop thing now to increase the effect of the sun. I need about 2-3 weeks of growing. The mustards and arugula are going wild but the rest is growing really slow.

I think some areas had a light frost, but we really have not had anything widespread, especially killing. In looking at the actual statement, I suppose it's fine, as they still say they will issue advisories for a freeze for many areas.

The higher els did not I guess. Even Kev said that day there was frost in his valley, spinmeister.

AS BOX said--no big deal as either these have already happened and/or the growing season is ended. So no need for any advisories anymore.

45.9/40, looking forward to the high near 50.

46.2/40

According to Ginx and MPM everyone has seen a killing frost/freeze

Kevin--where the hell did I say that????? lol

Man the end of the Euro op would be a nice taste of winter up here. Unfortunately it's in lalaland and, like Scott said, there isn't much indication of a storm on the ensembles minus some light QPF on the East Coast. At least the insane positive departures are done for awhile.

44/42, off a low of 41. Cloudy and cool here. It's very funny to read the Debbie Downer posts on 10/22. I'm going to archive some of the more despondent ones for taunting at a later, snowier date.

Leading candidates.

1. Weatherfella

2.CTrain

3. Hubbdave

4. Socks

I will happily be taunted if it means a vicious winter...or a viscous one

I don't know, the close proximatey of you and socks, with your negative energy, may be enough to produce another localized snow hole. Worse than the one you generated for yourself last year.

lol

Was I negative last year? Can't remember . No huge storms...again...

I was a little disappointed. While others got 150% or more of their yearly avg, I had like 115%

Archived