amirah5
SNE Late October Obs/Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A balmy 50.5/47.3

Think rain for next week's storm...if you get snow enjoy the surprise

Yep that's the mentality until December haha.... I said it a couple days ago and I still think this low goes west with snow staying out near BUF's CWA. I could see a scenario where the 1000-2000ft hills SE off Buffalo get smoked up into the western 'Dacks. While New England sees a lot of rain with snow showers and flurries right at the very tail end.

Yep that's the mentality until December haha.... I said it a couple days ago and I still think this low goes west with snow staying out near BUF's CWA. I could see a scenario where the 1000-2000ft hills SE off Buffalo get smoked up into the western 'Dacks. While New England sees a lot of rain with snow showers and flurries right at the very tail end.

more or less i agree w/ your thinking. no too sure just yet that W'rn Dacks get smoked even high terrain SE of KBUF get smoked, though if any place were in NYS they would be more likely to vs the 'Dacks.

Still think WVA/PA portion of Allegheny Plateau extreme Wrn MD have best snow chances IMO ( at this point in time anyway)

Kind of a weenie 00z Euro tonight. It lags the southern vortmax so we get a front runner rain changing to snow event Oct 27 into early Oct 28. Then the lagging southern vortmax meets up with another northern stream s/w and they team up to create another snow chance Oct 29. The 2nd one is a scraper verbatim but it has a lot of cold air to work with.

These run to run differences show just how tough the models are having it handling the southern vortmax and the northern shortwaves interacting.

Kind of a weenie 00z Euro tonight. It lags the southern vortmax so we get a front runner rain changing to snow event Oct 27 into early Oct 28. Then the lagging southern vortmax meets up with another northern stream s/w and they team up to create another snow chance Oct 29. The 2nd one is a scraper verbatim but it has a lot of cold air to work with.

These run to run differences show just how tough the models are having it handling the southern vortmax and the northern shortwaves interacting.

It is nice to see. I'm going to be mindful of Andy's advice to expect no more than rain and that any flakes will be a bonus. In October, certainly the prudent thing to do--at least several days out.

Got down to 376. Now, 38.4/35

6z GFS is close to a snowstorm for Mount Socks

For sh*ts and giggles, I was tyring to use Twister to calculate a skew-t for the Pit (42.616/-72.670). It shows the coordinates in the address window, but the chart itself doesn't change (keeps showing 42.500/-72.500). Looks like a default map. Is there another place I can run these?

Thanks!

37.5/34

It's becoming increasingly likely we're gonna see snow at some point late this week/weekend. Any wound up screaming soueaster idea that some have just isn't going to work..Euro warms us up in early Novie..but a nice 2-4 or 3-6 onch snowfall later this week will be fun

Archived