Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer Threat IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i know where the 2" qpf maybe..... :guitar:

LOL good call and congrats on this run. As Dendrite said, baby steps with the NAM. It has definitely started conceding to the GFS/EURO from its "waaaay out to sea" solutions. It still keeps being the latest bloomer in this episode of "as the models run."

That would be a giant tease over here verbatim, haha. Weenie mood flakes while you guys get two feet.

LOL good call and congrats on this run. As Dendrite said, baby steps with the NAM. It has definitely started conceding to the GFS/EURO from its "waaaay out to sea" solutions. It still keeps being the latest bloomer in this episode of "as the models run."

That would be a giant tease over here verbatim, haha. Weenie mood flakes while you guys get two feet.

Thanks PF, Now if we hold this solution for 3 more runs, There is room for an east tick, I had said earlier this am that i thought it would have caved at 12z, When everyting else slid back SE some it was still the eastern oulier so it makes sense it came west or it would score a coup....

nice!!! box always does a great job Snowman.gif

SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS...RHODE ISLAND...AND THE BOSTON AREA...SHOULD SEE 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO RAINFRIDAY MORNING. ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW MAY FALL FRIDAY EVENINGBEFORE ENDING...ALTHOUGH ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS WILL NOT AMOUNTTO MUCH. EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS THURSDAY NIGHT WILL STRENGTHENAND GUST TO 25 TO 35 MPH...WITH THE HIGHEST GUSTS NEAR THE COASTAND IN THE ISLANDS.NORTHERN CONNECTICUTT AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS...INCLUDING HARTFORD...SHOULD SEE 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW EARLY FRIDAY MORNING...WITH A BRIEFCHANGE OVER TO RAIN POSSIBLE DURING THE DAY ON FRIDAY. TOTALACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 9 INCHES EXPECTED. NORTHEAST WINDS OF 20 TO30 MPH EXPECTED.WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE...INCLUDINGWORCESTER...MANCHESTER...AND POINTS WEST...TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES EXPECTED. A BRIEF CHANGEOVER TO RAIN MAY OCCUR DURING THE DAY FRIDAY.

18Z NAM looks great, wouldn't mind locking that bad boy in. At least it is making more sense now. Also, GYX's discussion doesn't make any sense..Models have trended colder now, with more snow, yet they have less snow forecast now, and more chances of rain then the warmer solutions we had this morning. They also seem to really downplay this storm. Sometimes I scratch my head..

MAY SEE ENOUGH QPF TO GENERATE 6 INCHES OR MORE OF OF SNOW

IN SOME AREAS....AND WILL THEREFORE KEEP THE WATCH AS IS FOR NOW.

Some areas?? What the heck is that?

Anyone who lasts 10 years at a top 10 station in this era deserves a lot of credit but Pete tends to get a bit bullish with his snow forecast maps.

Well, I actually think the gradient looks decent but I would move the 10-14" north of route 2 and west of Worcester. Hartford isn't getting 12" lol. I think 5-10" is a decent call along and west of 495 but I think bust potential is high both ways. I could see getting 3" or 14" here...

To be clear I wasn't criticizing I think he just tends to ignore areas west of east ct. As you can see since he brought the 5-10" down to NYC almost.

Archived