joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer Threat IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone remind this idiot what the significance of the red dashed line is? I thought it was a rain/snow line indication.

Its the 540dm thickness line... generally useless in a dynamic situation like this. The rain/snow line would be inside of that to the SE.

Here's the furthest NW the H85 0C line gets.... I think this is what NZucker was referencing, could be snowing in White Plains and raining in Hartford?

f45.gif

Even the lowest QPF members are around 1" QPF up here.

My question would be... what did they pick up on that they didn't see at the 9z run? 15z is starkly different than 9z on pretty much all fields. The surface low track isn't all that different, maybe a hair NW from 9z, but it is a heck of a lot stronger.

My question would be... what did they pick up on that they didn't see at the 9z run? 15z is starkly different than 9z on pretty much all fields. The surface low track isn't all that different, maybe a hair NW from 9z, but it is a heck of a lot stronger.

Amped and more energy diving in the base of the trough

yikes.png They really don't like central/eastern mass...

They are better for us in the frames before the one he posted, more like 42-45 hours...but they really like N ORH county. Given how ridiculously amped the SREFs are, I'm encouraged that the probs are still decent.

Archived