• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February Torch Banter and Discussion

CT Rain

I'm the exact opposite. I have zero use for brown grass, mud, and leftover twigs/leave from the fall showing as opposed to snow cover. Some people like the snow cover and others don't. Guess its just personal preference.

I'm already mowing. :)

One thing about this long duration snowpack even here...yard took a BEATING. Worst it's looked ever. Along the roads where the snowbank is melting it's ghost white, matted to hel*. Salt and sand all over it. Going to be a long road back this spring. Can't do a thing to it right now as the ground is still frozen like a brick. By far the worst I've ever had the lawn looking...early season growth FTL this year.

Still though at least the kids can use the slides and the animals can roam. Was tired of the coyotes walking up near the house. Plus I can now track down all the lawn furniture which has blown all over the place.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of bare spots along Route 3 all the way from Mass into NH. Look in the southbound side after Bedford tolls, completely bare.

Also, I93 is NW- SE facing (as you know) and the sun angle probably doesn't quite hit the same as other highways or main roads between the main heating hours (10-2)

I-293 in the merrimack valley in Manchester as you hit Bedford, lots of bare ground along the sides.

Yes, it's mostly the main roads and also highways showing bare, but it does exist. Anyone denying that either (1) doesn't live here/has not been up this way, or (2) is trolling.

As for the other comments, typical weenies just filling up their post counts. Thankfully most of us are out working, living and enjoying the wx and not oogling over D7-10 models showing a SWFE lol

12z this morning MHT had a snow depth of 18".

You can see how the banks lowered somewhat in the Monday torch. Let's see how the pack here survives. Is there anyone who thinks I'll lose it all?

post-492-0-38646300-1297891499.jpg

It could be 80F on Friday and we wouldn't lose it all. The duration of the torch will be the issue for losing more than half of it.

It could be 80F on Friday and we wouldn't lose it all. The duration of the torch will be the issue for losing more than half of it.

Well we had a great run..I experienced the deepest snowpack of my life..and it lasted for over a month..now we just need to escape with as little damage as possible..and hopefully you, me, BDL and BOS all can get to 100.. Just 15 inches for me and I'm there

Well we had a great run..I experienced the deepest snowpack of my life..and it lasted for over a month..now we just need to escape with as little damage as possible..and hopefully you, me, BDL and BOS all can get to 100.. Just 15 inches for me and I'm there

I just want to get to 90". 100" would be awesome, but 90" is pretty incredible. I'm just over 74".

Well today is the big day... flight on southwest leaving logan at 2pm for Baltimore. It's a wifi flight! regretting not bringing my laptop with me from school. Either way I'll managed to get on wifi through my droid for 5 bucks, not a bad deal at all. Some laundry to do, some coffee to get, and some minor packing should be all ready to go. Looks like I will be probably going to the darkside in the winter for four years (Towson, MD). The tradeoff = A totally free education at a school I wouldn't normally get into + a shot to start by my sophomore year + a chance to play d1 ball + maybe a shot at a camp after I graduate. My potential major looks to be communications with a minor in journalism.

I will commit if the two days go well! Looking forward to the 70F also. :bike:

Well today is the big day... flight on southwest leaving logan at 2pm for Baltimore. It's a wifi flight! regretting not bringing my laptop with me from school. Either way I'll managed to get on wifi through my droid for 5 bucks, not a bad deal at all. Some laundry to do, some coffee to get, and some minor packing should be all ready to go. Looks like I will be probably going to the darkside in the winter for four years (Towson, MD). The tradeoff = A totally free education at a school I wouldn't normally get into + a shot to start by my sophomore year + a chance to play d1 ball + maybe a shot at a camp after I graduate. My potential major looks to be communications with a minor in journalism.

Good luck! :)

Wow! Good luck with all of that!

Nice! Good luck man.

Wow, good luck, you could get lucky and see a big one or two over the 4 years, definately not as much and your odds are less.

Archived