12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February Torch Banter and Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of bare spots along Route 3 all the way from Mass into NH. Look in the southbound side after Bedford tolls, completely bare.

Also, I93 is NW- SE facing (as you know) and the sun angle probably doesn't quite hit the same as other highways or main roads between the main heating hours (10-2)

I-293 in the merrimack valley in Manchester as you hit Bedford, lots of bare ground along the sides.

Yes, it's mostly the main roads and also highways showing bare, but it does exist. Anyone denying that either (1) doesn't live here/has not been up this way, or (2) is trolling.

As for the other comments, typical weenies just filling up their post counts. Thankfully most of us are out working, living and enjoying the wx and not oogling over D7-10 models showing a SWFE lol

Yes but thats what people do who love the weather, they look at models and try and predict what the future holds, its called a hobby or in most cases an addiction. Seems like you need a fish taco.

Why the hate?

There are plenty of bare spots along Route 3 all the way from Mass into NH. Look in the southbound side after Bedford tolls, completely bare.

Also, I93 is NW- SE facing (as you know) and the sun angle probably doesn't quite hit the same as other highways or main roads between the main heating hours (10-2)

I-293 in the merrimack valley in Manchester as you hit Bedford, lots of bare ground along the sides.

Yes, it's mostly the main roads and also highways showing bare, but it does exist. Anyone denying that either (1) doesn't live here/has not been up this way, or (2) is trolling.

As for the other comments, typical weenies just filling up their post counts. Thankfully most of us are out working, living and enjoying the wx and not oogling over D7-10 models showing a SWFE lol

:weenie:

Yes but thats what people do who love the weather, they look at models and try and predict what the future holds, its called a hobby or in most cases an addiction. Seems like you need a fish taco.

Why the hate?

No hate. lol Just the facts. Some people only want one thing (snow), some like a variety.

lol...what a tool

rolleyes.gif

Not sure why you are jumping in, because the ground is bare in some places and that's fact. Maybe you have more snow in your area, that's great....I'm just giving you the ground facts from this area.

Enjoy the nice wx, don't have a meltdown (get it) .. it'll get cold again.

Eh, snow pack disappearance is almost manditory at this time of year...

The 00z Euro makes you want to gauge your eyeballs out - hideous run. If that happens there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to look forward to for the next 10,000 years it is so bad; it is so bad, it transcends time to be even MORE ugly then mere ugly in the representative universe... God was that ugly!

haha.

ah well, winter has to end painfully this year maybe. Hopefully it's all wrong. haven't seen any other guidance; frankly, don't know that I care to at this point any longer.

Not sure why you are jumping in, because the ground is bare in some places and that's fact. Maybe you have more snow in your area, that's great....I'm just giving you the ground facts from this area.

Enjoy the nice wx, don't have a meltdown (get it) .. it'll get cold again.

I wasn't disagreeing with the fact that there is bare spots dude. the fact you just made fun of people who looks at patterns and weather models on a weather board with majority snow lovers is laughable. Deal with it...

I wasn't disagreeing with the fact that there is bare spots dude. the fact you just made fun of people who looks at patterns and weather models on a weather board with majority snow lovers is laughable. Deal with it...

This is not the proper thread for snow talk; let's keep it on topic, thanks. :thumbsup:

I agree, that was not a nice thing to say. Live and learn.

OK so i guess that a few bare spots along the side of highways qualifies as "all over SNH and NoMA"

you well know that there are barely any bare spots anywhere that is not next to a road.

OK so i guess that a few bare spots along the side of highways qualifies as "all over SNH and NoMA"

you well know that there are barely any bare spots anywhere that is not next to a road.

Agree with you, I meant in the usual torch/sun drenched areas. It's a little shocking to see bare ground though given how spoiled we have been , for me anyway. We mostly have a good 15"+ base overall (for now)

Actually warmer today in the higher locations... valleys are still in the low 20s, and even the low CT River Valley between NH/VT is still in the teens.

Still 21F at 800ft in Stowe, snowpack is rock hard... but 28F now at 1,500ft.

I did notice my NWS point forecast is much colder over the next 48 hours than the higher elevations above 3,000ft. Torch is looking mild but nothing we haven't seen before... two days of highs in the low to mid 40s under clouds and below freezing at night.

Actually warmer today in the higher locations... valleys are still in the low 20s, and even the low CT River Valley between NH/VT is still in the teens.

Still 21F at 800ft in Stowe, snowpack is rock hard... but 28F now at 1,500ft.

Pretty significant inversion layer composed of a subsidence inversion with the ridge axis nearby, left over radiation inversion this morning, plus warm advection aloft.

Agree with you, I meant in the usual torch/sun drenched areas. It's a little shocking to see bare ground though given how spoiled we have been , for me anyway. We mostly have a good 15"+ base overall (for now)

There's a lot of bare spots around here....mostly on the sidewalks and in the middle of roads where people plowed and shoveled the snow.

There's a lot of bare spots around here....mostly on the sidewalks and in the middle of roads where people plowed and shoveled the snow.

remember that when yourself and Pete are drizzling in March and Apr, elevated SNH rocking 32 paste snow. Latitude sucks this winter, though.

Archived