Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Torch Banter and Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one seems to be a dry torch. Man, it's a good things there isn't rain to unleash the 5-6" water equivalent. I think the '96 disaster will remain unique.

At least here we had 36 hours of the most epic snow eating 45 degree dew point fog I've ever seen... before the rains came.

For us wx weenies this will be a boring snow melt with no big flooding threat.

ya i wonder if we are going back to normal temps...above normal or below normal. because only below is gonna maintain what is left of the snowpack.

i see the snowpack gettng cut in half by next. saturday.....then cut in half again over the next week ......then probably done the week after (march)

ya i wonder if we are going back to normal temps...above normal or below normal. because only below is gonna maintain what is left of the snowpack.

i see the snowpack gettng cut in half by next. saturday.....then cut in half again over the next week ......then probably done the week after (march)

I think it's possible we yo-yo for a little while. Cold-Warm-Cold type thing maybe.

I think it's possible we yo-yo for a little while. Cold-Warm-Cold type thing maybe.

by the time were done yo-yoing average temps will have risen 6-8 degrees. and normal will be a torch by current standards. we will have to cash in on the yo'yo's....like we didn't in early-mid december. cold ...rain ....cold member those.

grab the rope grab the chairs.....i'm sure ryan will gladly hand them out. . they may have to pry the rev out of the garage in 2 weeks when all that is left of his snowpack is little snow piles where the massive snow banks used to be.

by the time were done yo-yoing average temps will have risen 6-8 degrees. and normal will be a torch by current standards. we will have to cash in on the yo'yo's....like we didn't in early-mid december. cold ...rain ....cold member those.

grab the rope grab the chairs.....i'm sure ryan will gladly hand them out. . they may have to pry the rev out of the garage in 2 weeks when all that is left of his snowpack is little snow piles where the massive snow banks used to be.

When Canada is cold, it really helps for early March. That's the one key thing if you want snow. Canada will be frigid, but we may be battling at times with a strong -PNA. Some models target late February for another brief mild period perhaps, and then colder first week of March. I could see that, but it's also possible the real warmth is down south of NYC.

When Canada is cold, it really helps for early March. That's the one key thing if you want snow. Canada will be frigid, but we may be battling at times with a strong -PNA. Some models target late February for another brief mild period perhaps, and then colder first week of March. I could see that, but it's also possible the real warmth is down south of NYC.

scott is the big key getting blocking to return late month? or is there hope for a -epo

scott is the big key getting blocking to return late month? or is there hope for a -epo

Forget about a big block, because it ain't coming in the next two weeks. The key will be if we get some slight ridging into Greenland, or of that ridge up by AK can move east enough to push the cold south. Both ridges right now are in spots that are very close to helping and hurting us. Right now, it seems like some ridging in Greenland will be enough to cool us down next week. But in a gradient pattern, nothing is concrete. We could be really close to the boundary, however as of now...we may be on the good side of it.

if only the 18z gfs at 200hr + was worth something....we could tell ryan to stick the idea of a feb torch up his _ _ _ !

weenies lay out the tarps protect your snowpack from the sun this week. walmart has 20x30' tarps for 34$ get about 8 of these and preserve the pack.......weenies you'll be the coldest house on the block.....the rain snow line may actaully stop at your property line.....act now and buy the snowpack preserving tarps.......because weenies.....every inch matters.

Archived