• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Torch Banter and Discussion

CT Rain

if only the 18z gfs at 200hr + was worth something....we could tell ryan to stick the idea of a feb torch up his _ _ _ !

weenies lay out the tarps protect your snowpack from the sun this week. walmart has 20x30' tarps for 34$ get about 8 of these and preserve the pack.......weenies you'll be the coldest house on the block.....the rain snow line may actaully stop at your property line.....act now and buy the snowpack preserving tarps.......because weenies.....every inch matters.

Don't joke... because I could see Kevin doing that.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone actually took a patent out for a snow preserving mat. it is laid down on the pack and fed a coolant to the mat thru a coolant return line

http://www.freepaten...om/6418733.html we know where the sermon donations are going. i would actaully like to see someone try this thou. then rev could say he has 20" ...when will is down to 8-10.

if only the 18z gfs at 200hr + was worth something....we could tell ryan to stick the idea of a feb torch up his _ _ _ !

weenies lay out the tarps protect your snowpack from the sun this week. walmart has 20x30' tarps for 34$ get about 8 of these and preserve the pack.......weenies you'll be the coldest house on the block.....the rain snow line may actaully stop at your property line.....act now and buy the snowpack preserving tarps.......because weenies.....every inch matters.

:lmao:

Ok folks. Ryan is on record saying this month comes in well above normal and is a torch. let's see how that works out

LOL... he says "back to average or above average" and you interpret that as "well above normal."

I like how the phrase "well above" somehow inserted itself into the situation.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just like how easily words get twisted. If it is merely seasonable, average temperatures, then Ryan is correct, too.

LOL... he says "back to average or above average" and you interpret that as "well above normal."

I like how the phrase "well above" somehow inserted itself into the situation.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just like how easily words get twisted. If it is merely average temperatures, then Ryan is correct, too.

thanks lol :)

Warmer temps will mean the Prius gets closer to 60 MPG. :weight_lift:

During the really cold weather in January, I was fighting to keep it over 50, even after blocking my grille.

Last tank I got 57.7, up from about 50 at the end of Jan........

Nobody says that you can't have multiple, even conflicting compulsions.

by the time were done yo-yoing average temps will have risen 6-8 degrees. and normal will be a torch by current standards. we will have to cash in on the yo'yo's....like we didn't in early-mid december. cold ...rain ....cold member those.

grab the rope grab the chairs.....i'm sure ryan will gladly hand them out. . they may have to pry the rev out of the garage in 2 weeks when all that is left of his snowpack is little snow piles where the massive snow banks used to be.

. . . Early winter cancel to commence. At least it was a great January.

As predicted only to get worse

FYIi

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 17. West wind between 5 and 13 mph.

Sunday: A chance of snow, mainly between 11am and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Light wind becoming southwest between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow before 1am, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 1am and 4am, then a slight chance of rain and sleet after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: A slight chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind between 7 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind between 11 and 17 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny and blustery, with a high near 28.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 9.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 48.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Saturday: Partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 45.

This is much ado about nothing for us. I guess places like Hartford have to worry but even there I think the possible damage is being grossly exagerrated. But , some people like Ryan would rather see brown grass, garbage and those white fossilized dog turds so hopefully they get what they want down there. Strange lot.

Burbank agrees on an all out torch with very little snow left...but also somewhat of a return to winter late month...but he doesn't seem to enthusiastic.

A free roller coaster ride is coming up. The temperatures will rise to 44-48 on Valentine’s Day, fall to the teens to lower 20s by dawn Tuesday, max out in the upper 20s Tuesday, fall to the single numbers and teens Tuesday night, rise to at least 40 on Wednesday then flirt with 50 on Thursday and climb higher into the 50s on Friday. It could be very mild Friday night with lows in the middle to upper 40s followed by 50s Saturday morning before the winter chill returns. The shifting jet stream will propel the warmth across the nation right into the Northeast as arctic air reloads in much of Canada. Some of this will return next weekend and the following week. Once the cold has become established, we’ll be watching for possible snow sometime during the first half of the school vacation week. La Nina, although past peak in a slightly weakened mode, plus a more favorable NAO projection suggests that some more snowy episodes are probable from late February into March. Despite the depth of the current snowpack, I predict that there will be little if any of it remaining when astronomical spring begins at 7:21pm on March 20. That doesn’t mean that we couldn’t have 1 or 2 more snow storms into early April!

Tuesday: Sunny and blustery, with a high near 22.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 7.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. <-------------------- is this the torch???

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Friday: Cloudy, with a high near 46. <------------------- or is it this?

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Saturday: Partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 40. Anyways, it is done here

Wachusett was WaWaWindy tonight (and fast!!! Whoooheeee!)

Archived