Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Torch Banter and Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need a sense of humor. I for one am excited for some mild temps and melting snow. Just because 90 percent of weenie posters disagree doesn't mean it's wrong to make a thread about it.

I def don't disagree that it will be warm three days this week. I don't like it but we can't control it. I also am hoping my location will not see it as bad as some others. We have not had much warm stuff since early January.

Might hit 50 here, might stay mid to high 40s

Who knows. Regular New England winter. Enjoy

I def don't disagree that it will be warm three days this week. I don't like it but we can't control it. I also am hoping my location will not see it as bad as some others. We have not had much warm stuff since early January.

i would really really like to see a graph of current seasonal snowfall compared to ave.seasonal snowfall to date... for SNE so a % of normal graph.

i bet some of the lowest percetages (relatively speaking are hubba dave) but still probably about 120%

there has been a fairly uniform 75-80 inches that has fallen on many ....with some in CT in the mid 80's and bob in ktan more like upper 60's (i think) C.Cod well ya .....they have been on the R/S line this year.

Oh you'll keep pack no doubt about it. If we were looking at a 40+ td rainstorm bookended by 40s for highs and warm overnight lows it would be lights out for the snowpack.

IMO this torch is about as good as it gets. My rotting snowpack that's been remarkably persistent will start melting fast while the ski areas up north hold on to it. 15" of brown ice on the ground does nothing for me... I want it gone.

Nice to see the Tuesday cold push look less and less impressive for SNE as we get closer. 850 temps barely bottom out at -10 at BDL.

You won't see this in any other thread... but it's interesting to note!

Yeah noticed OKX upped temps from 33 to 37 for Tuesday, I would imagine reality will end up around 40.

Yep, feels great outside and the snow doesn't mind much. Some light melting going on now, temps in the upper 30's.

Here's my "torch" on gyx point forecast:

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 46.

Thursday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 32.

Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

mid 50s and sunny skies, fantastic one day break in this awesome winter, sharpened tools, widened driveway, threw lots of snow in the road to melt so i can get the truck in without having to hit the door everytime i get in and out of it.

Cleaned out the shed and got all the winter/spring cleanup equip ready to rock for a month from now, it was an awesome day, and yes its possible to love a day like this and pray for more snow to come.

Since this is the banter thread: I have gotten college next year down to three; Towson in Baltimore (full ride), Virginia Military Institute (to be decided), and Northern Iowa (full ride).

Money talks. Official visit to Towson on thursday and if I like it I will commit by the end of the weekend.

Good luck. Any met programs at those?

Archived