Gonzalo00
February Torch Banter and Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

cmon man

thats one of my favorite weenie things to do!

You didn't catch my sarcasm lol.. The point is all people are doing is going for a 30 minute walk outside..when they could do the same thing with snow and cold..It's pointless to have it this mild in the winter when you can't do anything.

of course the posts will be well..it's nice to walk outside and not freeze or have to bundle up.. Suck it up , put on a coat...and enjoy the winter you wussies

You didn't catch my sarcasm lol.. The point is all people are doing is going for a 30 minute walk outside..when they could do the same thing with snow and cold..It's pointless to have it this mild in the winter when you can't do anything.

of course the posts will be well..it's nice to walk outside and not freeze or have to bundle up.. Suck it up , put on a coat...and enjoy the winter you wussies

I don't really mind warm breaks...I just want more snow, lots more snow, before the winter is over.

i agree with everything

I don't really mind warm breaks...I just want more snow, lots more snow, before the winter is over.
if there hadn't been any good snow on the ground..and the winter had sucked..i would actually enjoy these 2 days..simply becausei could do stuff outside with the kids..shoot hoops....play on the swingset..whatever..but with deep snow and 50 degree temps..there is nothing to do outside except go on warm walk instead of a cold walk..or drive around with your arm hanging out the window..thinking to yourself that the person behind you will see you doing it..and decide it's so warm..so they should do it too.

Here is the issue that I argued to others. Some people want Spring so they can go outdoors and do activities. That means shiat in March, after a deep snowpack like we had. The yards and outdoor areas will be nothing much quick sand mud. It's absolutely useless and once again....many are relegated to the black top. So there's your beloved spring melt in March. Enjoy having mud up to your scrotum.

Now if you want to argue that it feels nice outside, then yes I agree, but don't tell me how it's so much better for outdoor activities. You can do the same stuff with a coat and a hat. In fact, it can be refreshing to run in the cold.

Here is the issue that I argued to others. Some people want Spring so they can go outdoors and do activities. That means shiat in March, after a deep snowpack like we had. The yards and outdoor areas will be nothing much quick sand mud. It's absolutely useless and once again....many are relegated to the black top. So there's your beloved spring melt in March. Enjoy having mud up to your scrotum.

Now if you want to argue that it feels nice outside, then yes I agree, but don't tell me how it's so much better for outdoor activities. You can do the same stuff with a coat and a hat. In fact, it can be refreshing to run in the cold.

jesus....

LOL..I've run every other day without missing a day this entire winter at 5:00am in bitter cold, falling snow, zr..you name it.. I come home absolutely soaked in sweat. Tomorrow morning I'll get to run in shorts knowing in less than 24 hours winter will be back and i won't be pissed off anymore...and hopefully damaging winds will be knocking down numerous trees

LOL..I've run every other day without missing a day this entire winter at 5:00am in bitter cold, falling snow, zr..you name it.. I come home absolutely soaked in sweat. Tomorrow morning I'll get to run in shorts knowing in less than 24 hours winter will be back and i won't be pissed off anymore...and hopefully damaging winds will be knocking down numerous trees

winter time wind damage is almost always over-hyped. The exception is last March 13th here when every other tree snapped from hours and hours of 50MPH winds

I never said I want Spring. I completely agree with your post there. BUT since this is the weather we've got, might as well enjoy it because it feels great out there!!!

Everyone knows I'm a big snow weenie, and I am definitely looking forward to the return to winter.

I'd rather have the full sunshine with temps around 50 than an overcast day in the 40's.

I never said I want Spring. I completely agree with your post there. BUT since this is the weather we've got, might as well enjoy it because it feels great out there!!!

Everyone knows I'm a big snow weenie, and I am definitely looking forward to the return to winter.

I'd rather have the full sunshine with temps around 50 than an overcast day in the 40's.

This is where you are not a true snow weenie..true snow weenies wish for clouds to keep temps cooler and from melting the snow. Big difference ..You like snow falling..but you don't care about snow melt or loss

Like I said the other day, a nice day here and there is ok for the soul, but I'm all set with having it feel like I live in Richmond. If anything, a nice wintry finish right through the end of March would make spring feel all the better. I can't tell you how many times that we've had warmer days in March than in April or even May. What good is that? It's all subjective, but I'd rather keep it wintry through the end of March.

This wasn't at you, but actually a discussion I had with others. There isn't a right or wrong...just an opinion. I would just rather have deep snow OTG.

Yeeeeeeah! And I just signed the lease for an apartment next year! :thumbsup:

congrats. Maybe next winter NNE can jackpot and you'll be in there.

Being a kid and living there bakc in the day, when the snow melted we put up 15"s in the windows of Smith and play basketball by grafton...one of the kids was a DJ/party promoter living in Grafton and we had around 2k sophisticated watts running out of my 5th floor room, the basketball hoop was vibrating from that distance . :thumbsup: ahh good old days Enjoy it!

congrats. Maybe next winter NNE can jackpot and you'll be in there.

Being a kid and living there bakc in the day, when the snow melted we put up 15"s in the windows of Smith and play basketball by grafton...one of the kids was a DJ/party promoter living in Grafton and we had around 2k sophisticated watts running out of my 5th floor room, the basketball hoop was vibrating from that distance . :thumbsup: ahh good old days Enjoy it!

NICE! Fun times. I've been in lving in Grafton for the last couple years.

This is where you are not a true snow weenie..true snow weenies wish for clouds to keep temps cooler and from melting the snow. Big difference ..You like snow falling..but you don't care about snow melt or loss

Well then I'm fine not being a true snow weenie. I'd rather enjoy the weather we've got than mope around, checking the depth of the shrinking snow pack every 15 minutes

Well--I walk just about everyday year round. As much as I love the snow/cold, I did enjoy being out with just a jacket. Saw several robins. And, came across a big ol' opposum trekking across a field. Thought that was kind of odd. Must have come out of hibernation for a warm winter walk, too.

52.1/33. Roads still with ice/snow. I'm sure tomorrow the roads will be cleared.

if there hadn't been any good snow on the ground..and the winter had sucked..i would actually enjoy these 2 days..simply becausei could do stuff outside with the kids..shoot hoops....play on the swingset..whatever..but with deep snow and 50 degree temps..there is nothing to do outside except go on warm walk instead of a cold walk..or drive around with your arm hanging out the window..thinking to yourself that the person behind you will see you doing it..and decide it's so warm..so they should do it too.

When I was walking, I realized that many people might have a mud season this year. A lot of folks in SNE don't get those.

Archived