• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Welcome to American Wx Forums!

ORH_wxman

Interesting ... what exactly transpired? The description/explanation on the other interface sort of nebulously defines unscrupulous usage of the former Eastern site provisions; but in simpler terms it sounds like Eastern was at last simply over-run by doiche-bags and could no longer be controlled.

I must apologize to those that have sent emails asking for my continued contribution over recent months. I was not ignoring you. I made a conscious choice in the middle of the summer to abstain from posting informational and/or forecasting speculation content, which is all I ever really was involved for with the site to begin with. But, I began repeatedly being targeted by certain members and moderators, who clearly had ulterior motives that did not include scientific discussion and/or the sharing of knowledge in the field of Meteorology. The latter reason really was the last straw. I refuse to post again on a site the suspended me for defending my self against a small cadre of moderator-back a-holes (to remain nameless).

I must say, I feel pretty vindicated for having taken the measure of sharply discontinuing contribution; it perhaps shows that my observations and suspicions of the site users (all) was succinct.

The sad truth is that these internet forums in general allow anonymity, and that apparently is too tempting to those with a chip on their shoulders - so to speak. Initially, J.Q. Public users are well behaved, but given time, said anonymity will attract those that will take advantage and willfully engage in adversarial intent for whatever reason motivate them (personal issues, or personality/character flaws). To mention, intellectual theft was also a big big problem for Eastern. I have seen elements of my own discourses show up abroad, taken almost verbatim, and pawned off as though it were the poster's original insight. And to make matters worse, there is no way given an "open public discussion forum" that can be proven - so now, one has to be double precognizant of what they revealing.

The bottom line, whether it is pointless bickering by those using the anonymity of the internet for their own poisonous amusement, or more organized methods of knowledge extraction without permission aside, there really does not seem to be any way to really truly protect a site from eventually being infiltrated by those with nefarious agenda. So going forward, for me anyway ... if I do contribute my post may come across more conclusive without a lot of leading reasons and methods.

Hey John, welcome back. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Hopefully some good talk in the winter.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey John, welcome back. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Hopefully some good talk in the winter.

Thanks!

getting down to business, may want to watch what gets injected off the Pacific in 84 or so ours.

Secondary short-wave embedded in a progressive l/w is currently having interference issues with lead s/w in recent operational GFS runs. However, more than a one ensemble has at one time or the other, including this recent 06z GFS run, demonstrated a strong feature capable of perhaps inducing a NJ model pop off running up under LI come next Friday. That would dynamically drill and lay-down a moderate winter event given the 06z solution, but without getting into a lot of hairy discussion as to why there is some room conceptually in the synoptics for allowing that to happen.

Granted the 00z Euro did not show this but that model has really not been performing with the same panache as it did during the 2009-2010 winter, beyond D4, over recent months, showing just as many stochastic broad-scale mass field adjustment in those later time frames as any other deterministic model source out there. Not sure why that degrade in performance suddenly took place, but the GFS just on the surface awareness seems to be kicking its ass and taking numbers for D4-8 time ranges lately.

Anyway, low confidence but something for those in snow wait.

Thanks!

getting down to business, may want to watch what gets injected off the Pacific in 84 or so ours.

Secondary short-wave embedded in a progressive l/w is currently having interference issues with lead s/w in recent operational GFS runs. However, more than a one ensemble has at one time or the other, including this recent 06z GFS run, demonstrated a strong feature capable of perhaps inducing a NJ model pop off running up under LI come next Friday. That would dynamically drill and lay-down a moderate winter event given the 06z solution, but without getting into a lot of hairy discussion as to why there is some room conceptually in the synoptics for allowing that to happen.

Granted the 00z Euro did not show this but that model has really not been performing with the same panache as it did during the 2009-2010 winter, beyond D4, over recent months, showing just as many stochastic broad-scale mass field adjustment in those later time frames as any other deterministic model source out there. Not sure why that degrade in performance suddenly took place, but the GFS just on the surface awareness seems to be kicking its ass and taking numbers for D4-8 time ranges lately.

Anyway, low confidence but something for those in snow wait.

Even the 12z gfs ensembles have something resembling low pressure moving overhead for next week (the second low), but does look similar to the euro op. I have noticed some strange stuff on the euro as well post d5. I still think it is probably king within 72 hours, but we'll see how it does in the winter. GFS was a little too mild during the last event that gave Kevin an inch of snow.

Anyways good to have full power now in the sne threads.

I am not sure if an appropriate thread has already been started ... Coastalwx and I were discussing this earlier. The 12z ECM has interestingly trended somewhat "sharper" with the 500mb with the 2nd embedded S/W passing off the upper MA centered on Friday. We see rapid cyclogen processing under LI in this run, not too dissimilar to the 06z GFS - perhaps slightly less aggressive but there nonetheless. Other GFS ensemble members also flag this secondary potency as well.

48 hours from now the dynamics are detectable over the lower GOA, over the open eastern Pac waters where data assimilation may or may not be advantageous to truth. In about 60-72 hours we will have these dynamics sampled over land and those runs have about 50/50 shot I think at either being impressive or less signaling for a quick hitting first plowable event toward week's end. It would likely be a rain/snow to snow/wind ender type deal if 12z ECM/06z GFS are heading in the right direction, and initializations at hours 60+ show that in future runs.

I am not sure if an appropriate thread has already been started ... Coastalwx and I were discussing this earlier. The 12z ECM has interestingly trended somewhat "sharper" with the 500mb with the 2nd embedded S/W passing off the upper MA centered on Friday. We see rapid cyclogen processing under LI in this run, not too dissimilar to the 06z GFS - perhaps slightly less aggressive but there nonetheless. Other GFS ensemble members also flag this secondary potency as well.

48 hours from now the dynamics are detectable over the lower GOA, over the open eastern Pac waters where data assimilation may or may not be advantageous to truth. In about 60-72 hours we will have these dynamics sampled over land and those runs have about 50/50 shot I think at either being impressive or less signaling for a quick hitting first plowable event toward week's end. It would likely be a rain/snow to snow/wind ender type deal if 12z ECM/06z GFS are heading in the right direction, and initializations at hours 60+ show that in future runs.

Hey Tip-

Nice to see you posting again. I sincerely hope you will find it within yourself to indulge us with your thoughts and re-join the community and said status which you have earned. There isn't a weenie out there that doesn't stand down and take notice when you are preparing your thoughts on a winter weather storm with child like excitement!

I don't need to go on further, but not for nothing this board is greatly more important with your contributions.

John

Tip !!!! Wow, what a good way to kick off a new era !! I have missed your posts and thought you were completely hosed by a pack of knudnicks. I'm sure I speak for a majority of the SNE posters in welcoming you back and I look forward to reading your perceptive posts. Great to have you back John.

The Tipster is back in da house! SOOOO good to see you here, John! You always present your thoughts well, and totally agree with your first post here (TOTALLY!). It's a shame people have to literally steal to make themselves look good.

I hope to see you at the SNE WX conference on 12/4!!

--Turtle ;)

Still having some issues getting to AMWX (is that the consensus name?) on my laptop. Just a slow connection I guess.

Tip! Very excited to see you posting! NOW winter may begin! :thumbsup:

I was expressing the same thoughts earlier about the late week system. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Interesting ... what exactly transpired?  The description/explanation on the other interface sort of nebulously defines unscrupulous usage of the former Eastern site provisions; but in simpler terms it sounds like Eastern was at last simply over-run by doiche-bags and could no longer be controlled.  

I must apologize to those that have sent emails asking for my continued contribution over recent months.  I was not ignoring you.   I made a conscious choice in the middle of the summer to abstain from posting informational and/or forecasting speculation content, which is all I ever really was involved for with the site to begin with.  But, I began repeatedly being targeted by certain members and moderators,  who clearly had ulterior motives that did not include scientific discussion and/or the sharing of knowledge in the field of Meteorology.  The latter reason really was the last straw.  I refuse to post again on a site that suspended me for defending my self against a small cadre of moderator-back a-holes (to remain nameless).    The suspension was forced, those that contributed to a particular heated exchange were not evenly evaluated, and all of them were on one another's "friends" list.  Hello

I must say, I feel pretty vindicated for having taken the measure of sharply discontinuing contribution;  it perhaps shows that my observations and suspicions of the site users (all) was succinct.  

The sad truth is that these internet forums in general allow anonymity, and that apparently is too tempting to those with chips on their shoulders - so to speak.  Initially, J.Q. Public users are well behaved, but given time, said anonymity will attract those that will take advantage and willfully engage in adversarial intent for whatever reason motivating them (personal issues, or personality/character flaws).   To mention, intellectual theft was also a big big problem for Eastern.  I have seen elements of my own discourses show up abroad, taken almost verbatim, and pawned off as though it were the poster's original insight.  And to make matters worse, there is no way given an "open public discussion forum" that can be proven - so now, one has to be double precognizant of what they revealing.  

The bottom line, whether it is pointless bickering by those using the anonymity of the internet for their own poisonous amusement, or more organized methods of knowledge extraction without permission aside, there really does not seem to be any way to really truly protect a site from eventually being infiltrated by those with nefarious agenda.   So going forward, for me anyway ... if I do contribute my post may come across more conclusive without a lot of leading reasons and methods.

Not everyone adversarial and  engaging in discourse are "motivated by personal issues and character flaws".     I am probably seen as one of the worst when it comes pointing out where I disagree with people ,  however it's only to engage people into thinking differently and thinking about "the other side".    

Blindly agreeable,  even if you don't agree or "leaving it alone";    I think that is more of a character flaw than being open to debate something where your opinion differs.    Yeah, some discretion should be used  as to when,  how, and why;  that's where problems occur.      Just letting it go,  or even agreeing to make someone happy,  no one learns anything.

When I hear someone give an opinion that is clearly one-sided,  racist,  naive,  primitive,  etc...  wx related or not,  I may put in my 2 cents of centric balance.     Call it a flaw, a personal issue if that's how you see fit.    Some would call it a talent.   :D

Having said that,  a few of the people on the general wx side are out purely for negative attention,  have nothing going on in their lives,   and add nothing.     No denying that point.     Looking at their post count and quality of posts,  it's obvious they shouldn't be taken seriously.

hey will,

ray still can't get on here. i talked to him on the phone and walked him through a DNS change, but it didn't do anything for him. i guess we aren't to the 48 hr. period yet so he'll just have to hang tight for now and see what happens?

I did the DNS change and it worked yesterday, then I went on today and it didn't work untill about 7pm. So maybe its just sporadic?

I did the DNS change and it worked yesterday, then I went on today and it didn't work untill about 7pm. So maybe its just sporadic?

yeah i have to think it'll work for him eventually. also seems like some folks had different issues depending upon the browser they were using (which is odd).

it will all work itself out.

yeah i have to think it'll work for him eventually. also seems like some folks had different issues depending upon the browser they were using (which is odd).

it will all work itself out.

I was locked out from 1am last night until about 10am this morning.

It should fix itself eventually. These problems should be permanently gone after tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. We fixed the DNS issue on americanwx/com's end, but it takes 48 hours to totally clear all the hurdles....so hopefully this is the last of these problems.

I was locked out from 1am last night until about 10am this morning.

It should fix itself eventually. These problems should be permanently gone after tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. We fixed the DNS issue on americanwx/com's end, but it takes 48 hours to totally clear all the hurdles....so hopefully this is the last of these problems.

Eastern is back?

Yeah he took down the missive about shutting Eastern for good and now it just says:

"Important Announcement! Easternuswx.com is offline and in a read only state at the moment. Please check back soon for more details."

That seems like a less permanent statement so who knows.

Wherever everyone goes - I go. :) In terms of BB's, I went from the ancient Delphi SNE BB's in the first half of the 90s, to NE.WEATHER, to WWBB and then to Easternuswx. Now here....

Eastern is back?

Archived