• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
End of January/early February storm potential?

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even close. The GFS is what it is right now.

When you look at hour 216 looks a lot like the same track as previous storms this winter. Thats all im saying :pimp:

Dont respond that its early and its the GFS...because I know its early. Im just analyzing "this" particular run and im bored. :popcorn: I know not to get to excited about a storm or take it to seriously until its at least 120 hrs away

When you look at hour 216 looks a lot like the same track as previous storms this winter. Thats all im saying :pimp:

Dont respond that its early and its the GFS...because I know its early. Im just analyzing "this" particular run and im bored. :popcorn: I know not to get to excited about a storm or take it to seriously until its at least 120 hrs away

I disagree. I don't remember that many lows coming out of the southwest and taking that kind of track this winter.

I was half serious, as someone who could care less about snowpack, I'd take a 996 over Chicago and rain over -6 with snow in Mexico.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I love having snowpack as much as anyone, but would be willing to sacrifice all of it to get out of this pattern. These clippers can be somewhat entertaining, but I'd love to see a big storm somewhere in the Midwest/OV, even if it isn't a hit here.

GFS may try to recover beyond 180hr, but it won't look as good as the 18z run guaranteed.

Beyond 180 is a crapshoot, personally the more this pushes the back the less likely it will happen, although the GFS isn't even on the same planet with respect to this time frame, so I'm not taking it for much merit.

That is nice! It is too bad this thing is still 7 days out. Nothing seems to be holding this season with the models. Here in the CMH area, still no WSWs this winter! BTW, what does Euro show qpf wise for CMH for this storm?

1.25-1.5...expect everything but the kitchen sink.

Archived