• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
End of January/early February storm potential?

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw is this the clipper thread or is this for a thread further out in the future? Time frame in the title seems to suggest the latter.

Yeah this thread is for the southern Plains (as it looks like right now lol) system late this month. There's no thread for the strong clipper yet. The Euro looks interesting to be sure. Could be a high wind threat for a large area southwest of the surface low track too.

If there's going to be a return to big time -AO/-NAO blocking, it isn't going to occur until mid February (Feb 8 or later) or so. So we still have a window of opportunity for a bigger storm to develop while the teleconnections remain favorable. That being said, without a more robust STJ getting involved, it's going to be tough.

So how does Toronto look to do in this late storm potential?

Yeah this thread is for the southern Plains (as it looks like right now lol) system late this month. There's no thread for the strong clipper yet. The Euro looks interesting to be sure. Could be a high wind threat for a large area southwest of the surface low track too.

well i hope "cmichweather or baro" will start a thread on the clipper today...i'm liking the euro

post-252-0-57911000-1295809534.gif

Had that this past June and July. :P Really cant complain about this out this way other then a lack of decent hailers. Hopefully you guys out that way ( north of i94 ) can get in on it this year as well.

Now hopefully we can get back some of that Hoosier luck we use to have before the big fail with the infamous Hoosier storm bust a couple of winters back. :scooter:

The euro potential looks great with this. Ridge is backed further and IN the Pacific and the wave train flowing down the westcoast/sw and Texas. And hints of some se ridging too. Have not looked at the other models yet.

Last time I started a thread over a week out you had an April snow event of almost 6". Focus on the positive!

Last time I started a thread over a week out you had an April snow event of almost 6". Focus on the positive!

Forgot about that one. :P

The positive is i did not start the thread. :scooter:

Oh and the euro ensembles has one that would track as far west as over your head. :guitar: Have a couple of others into Ohio.

Clipper talk here:

http://www.americanw...clipper-threat/

This thread is for a more ethereal threat in the med range.

Oh great.

In that case, I'm loving 180hr of the GGEM. You can easily tell that's going to be a nice storm for us.

What can go wrong? That crud in the SW gets in the way (alas GFS).

But I haven't felt this good about a storm all season. :D

GFS squashing everything not like we haven't seen this episode before.

Yeah, although it's hard to completely disregard seasonal trends, this pattern is a bit different than what we've seen mostly and this is the type of regime where the GFS does this. Time will tell.

Archived