• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
End of January/early February storm potential?

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time we Somehow try to get a system going, something goes wrong.. I just dont understand this b.s.. Getting old really, ill just enjoy my clipper, hopefully they surprise me lol GN everyone.

The exact reason for my pessimism here. Phasing events need to be considered with a lot of caution--even more so this year. As Buckeye said--this has to be threat 10 with a potential phase and arctic outbreak--and we have only 1 verification.

I believe he's talking about the potential superstorm that was supposed to occur around 2/4/2009 and then disappeared on the models about 5 days out. I believe it ended up giving Philly like 6" of snow.

I'm pretty sure I think he is talking about the elusive triple phaser that never was.

I believe he's talking about the potential superstorm that was supposed to occur around 2/4/2009 and then disappeared on the models about 5 days out. I believe it ended up giving Philly like 6" of snow.

Ohhhhhh, I see. That one was close to the same date.

"Fast" phases like that rarely ever workout. They generally trend northwest as the model gets better organized. Which means you know what.

Sounds like another Ohio Plumper circle jerk thread with all man kind models. Def potential left for those down south but up here I think the weenie cheese is on the wall.

GN, all - And TY to all the Packers that 14 yrs ago made this a night I'll never forget.

Dont wanna get hounded with the snow weenie again but we might end up with a Classic TX style Chicago blockbuster winter storm as the 00z GFS is looking like

its trying to get a low pressure to spin up from eastern TX and up the lakes/ov but only gets surpressed. Reminds me like the TX pahandle areas like

Armarillo gets hammered with 12+ and leaves a stripe all the way up to northern MI like 99 blizzard for example. 00z NAM has a nice 500mb energy waiting to rotate along the base swing its ass up the OV and UKMET is a bomb and perfect example.

Skilling very impressive tonight and not crap. Here we go again with Baro, alek and thundersnow.

Whatever happens with this storm--I think this is a good example to remain cautious in patterns such as this as the Pacific driven flow with an intense East Asian Jet has a tendency to change real fast. We will be in wait and see mode maybe longer than I initially thought--perhaps another 24-48 hours until that cyclone gets going and pushes eastward.

Meh... GFS is a pretty much useless model this far out.. seeing the Euro come in basically worse than it is a serious red flag.

The Euro had at least 3 or 4 consecutive runs in a row where it was phasing early though. Even the good doc is entitled to a questionable run. I'd be much more concerned if it shows this on the next couple runs.

Yeah, I think it is called a "Panhandle B" track. With A being farther NW.

It looks like thats whats trying to set up. I think will have 2 solutions in the next 2-3 days as Skilling mentioned. A bomb that tracks from TX to Lakes/OV or a surpression system with just a dry and barbaric artic H pressure system. I think the bomb has a good chance ecp with nice 500mb energy out

in sw ready to charge at us.

Archived