• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
End of January/early February storm potential?

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, this won't be a coastal. Euro will show why it's the king in about an hour.

GEM/UKIE should be out soon. Plus having the GFS showing a lake cutter would be bad, keep it suppresed for another 36-48 hrs, then it will bow down to the king.

I hope your right and this is just speculation, but if we do get a track similar to the euro, the only way to travel in the NE next week will be by boat/or canoe.

The best east coast storms covered by Paul Kocin and Louis Uccellini. Sorta like how The Cleveland Superbomb,January 67,March 2008,January 1999 storms would be considered "OV/GL" versions of "KUs".

Ah Paul Kocin. Weather Channel lost all of its crediblity, reliability, and coolness when he left. Really need to start tracking these storms 3-4 days out so I am not wore out by the time it actual occurs.

They invented this--NESIS.

Uccellini is also the director of NCEP and AMS elect president. He has over 60 published papers. Yeah--he is insanely smart.

http://www.ncdc.noaa...d-ice/nesis.php

Yea. I just never heard the ku expression. Very familiar with Kocin. Uccellini not so much. Must be italian though from the name I assume.

Archived