• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
End of January/early February storm potential?

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one run. It's all up in the air as we are 5-6 days away. Still dont know why I and others get all excited for something 5-6 days away when the weather is hard enough to forecast for the next day. One minor change in any speed of any energy can help or dimish a potential storm. It's any models, mets, and weather enthusiasts guess. Sure it's exciting, informative, fun to track and addicting but the chances of anything closely verifying this far out is 0%. Time for me to stop tracking week away storms. Y'all have a good one.

It's one run. It's all up in the air as we are 5-6 days away. Still dont know why I and others get all excited for something 5-6 days away when the weather is hard enough to forecast for the next day. One minor change in any speed of any energy can help or dimish a potential storm. It's any models, mets, and weather enthusiasts guess. Sure it's exciting, informative, fun to track and addicting but the chances of anything closely verifying this far out is 0%. Time for me to stop tracking week away storms. Y'all have a good one.

See ya tomorrow lol. Doesn't help we were spoiled in MKE 2 of the last 3 winters and in SE MI case 3 for 3.. Climo will always catch up and it looks to be for big storms this yr again so far..

4 inches a hour in their heads. I never believe their snow totals.

17 inches reports thus far..

NWS.SNOWFALL RATES WITHIN THIS BAND ARE BETWEEN 2 TO 3 INCHES PERHOUR...BUT COULD BE AS HIGH AS 4 INCHES PER HOUR IN THE HEAVIESTPORTIONS OF THE BAND IN NASSAU...WESTERN SUFFOLK...NEW HAVEN ANDMIDDLESEX COUNTIES.

Definitely cuts that wave off out W. Not sure I buy that either--but a huge change.

The message is don't mess with the Pacific, haha. I was expecting changes--but not this big of a Euro cave.

Yeah, and it shows how delicate this is. Not to foul up the thread but it gave me flashbacks to what we were tracking 2 years ago almost on this very date.

Archived