CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We prob will still see some stuff fall from the clouds from the upper trough tho not sure I'd bank on stickage.. maybe NW.  Light rates and daytime with above freezing is a good recipe for white rain.

still think the models are showing the intensification occurring too late. so as it stands right now, we may have some light snow tomorrow night and again on Tuesday.

unless we can get that western ridge to pump, we'll miss this one

so be it if we do as it's been a great, long winter

plus, this avoids the mud later next week

Agreed, plus NAO and progressive pattern = way east.

NAO has been positive all winter, and we have had progressive flow most of the time. Key is western ridging and the amplitude/orientation of the trough. Its doable. May not happen, but not because of your over simplistic analysis.

Well, I putting on my parachute...not going to bail yet, but I'm inching closer to the plane door.

I'd certainly like to see the winter end on a high note, but we can't have everything

whether it snows or not Tues night/Wed morning, it's in the 60's by Friday and the back of winter is essentially broken

I'm satisfied with this winter and excited about the NINO/east QBO/cold pool off NS for next winter, which will be here before you know it

I'd certainly like to see the winter end on a high note, but we can't have everything

whether it snows or not Tues night/Wed morning, it's in the 60's by Friday and the back of winter is essentially broken

I'm satisfied with this winter and excited about the NINO/east QBO/cold pool off NS for next winter, which will be here before you know it

It did end on a high note... March 17th was the end of winter

Well, I putting on my parachute...not going to bail yet, but I'm inching closer to the plane door.

I think the most likely scenario for us right now is about 0-2" of snow, but here are some of the things that are keeping my attention:

1)  We're three days out.  There's a lot of consensus in the models, but there's still some wiggle room.  It would be pretty impressive if the globals nailed this thing 4+ days in advance.

2)  The 12z GFS and Canadian ensembles both improved, with a healthy cluster of tracks west of the op.

3)  I read the play-by-play of the Euro run on the NY forum, and it sounds like it's a shift back towards the double-low solution, even if it's not quite there yet.  I don't have access to the Euro so I can't see for myself, but the double-low runs have been the best for us.

4)  The UKMET has been consistently west of the other models.  Meteocentre doesn't have a lot of UKMET data (e.g. precip plots) until you're within 72 hours, but that means that starting from tonight's 00z runs we'll be in range.  I'd like to see what it shows.

Archived