SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 6th-8th Ocean Storm Obs

free_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

010 wind has little effect there and temps dropped below 32 late aftn so I think that's a non-issue. JMHO. You are only as good as your geographical location and with wind..I bet that was part of the issue. I know they had mroe than 0.3"/hr last night when it was coming down good.

I'm talking about blowing the snow away...not about it being too warm.  I'm telling you dude...I tried to measure snow on campus in Oswego with 30 mph winds in LES.  The snow literally blows a few miles inland after it falls and catches on houses and buildings...and there is no upstream area of snow on the ground to replace it.

I'm talking about blowing the snow away...not about it being too warm.  I'm telling you dude...I tried to measure snow on campus in Oswego with 30 mph winds in LES.  The snow literally blows a few miles inland after it falls and catches on houses and buildings...and there is no upstream area of snow on the ground to replace it.

Oh yeah..that's why I mentioned being at the mercy of the wind. I agree.

After I posted my mathematics, I took a look and realized how absurd it was, snow that instantly melts is not accumulation :facepalm:

Still think 10" here is the total, had 9" OTG at one point, .3" yesterday, and then have to account for compaction and settling. Sent it to NWS with a disclaimer in the comments section, their choice if they use it or not.

-skisheep

'wasnt so great around here........

in fact that map led me to think something really extraordinary might take place around here last night but it was all squeezed to the northeast east southeast and of course some more to the southwest(naug valley,bdr etc) just to remind one of where it seems to always snow during the big storms the past few years

the valley just destroyed the firehose...i can all melt in the next ten minutes for all i care...

enjoy the fourth to sixth 12 to 24 plus storm in all the aforementioned places folks...maybe next year

i used to be envious of albany and upstate ny etc...now i know how they must feel lol

0z rgem from last night had the big precip by Kevin and the RI screwhole. It was a bit too low for NJ and the NYC area, but look how generally great the model did:

PR_000-048_0000.gif

RGEM was still too low I think. Central Park had 0.75" or so liquid as snow from the trough. It did do well with some of the shaft zones i.e. over Rhode Island.

The 010 degree wind can still drive the snow off the peninsula in winthrop into the bay..before it's measured.

Oh please...everyone knows this.....Logan would never hit 95 in your scenario. We who live here know the number is low but it is what it is. A better case would be moving the official obs to the Common.

Incidentally, one last good bye kiss band moving in after it had nearly stopped. I wonder if the final is 14 or so for BOS. Either way, seasonal total is around 56-57 as of 1PM. Not bad considernig we were around 10 on 2/1. I'm not 100% convinced we're done either.

Oh please...everyone knows this.....Logan would never hit 95 in your scenario. We who live here know the number is low but it is what it is. A better case would be moving the official obs to the Common.

doesn't seem that way Jerry since people are bitching it's several inches too low. 

I took a drive the day after the Feb 2007 100" storm in Oswego and there was noticeably more snow in the city of Oswego than on campus (1 mile away) where it had blown away onto the city.

I agree the Common would be more representative of the greater Boston metro area.

Archived