joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what record did i see last night on the news? LGA?

No records were set in the NYC area yesterday or today, though JFK came closest:

For today:

JFK: 27° (Record: 26°, 1959)

LGA: 27° (Record: 25°, 1959)

Outside the city, Islip set a new record of 25°, which broke the previous daily record for 3/29 of 29° set in multiple years.

Guest Pamela

Snowfall 2014-15 Winter
Through March 29, 2015 / 7:00 AM

Islip: 63.7"
NWS Upton 62.2"

Bridgeport: 59.2"
LaGuardia: 53.8"

Central Park: 50.3"
Newark: 46.4"
JFK: 44.2"
Philadelphia Intl. Airport: 26.9"

Atlantic City: 22.4"

Snowfall 2014-15 Winter

Through March 29, 2015 / 7:00 AM

Islip: 63.7"

NWS Upton 62.2"

Bridgeport: 59.2"

LaGuardia: 53.8"

Central Park: 50.3"

Newark: 46.4"

JFK: 44.2"

Philadelphia Intl. Airport: 26.9"

Atlantic City: 22.4"

Quite the gradient this year in the Northeast.  Snow amounts double from Philly to NYC to Boston.

No records were set in the NYC area yesterday or today, though JFK came closest:

For today:

JFK: 27° (Record: 26°, 1959)

LGA: 27° (Record: 25°, 1959)

Outside the city, Islip set a new record of 25°, which broke the previous daily record for 3/29 of 29° set in multiple years.

Nice. Thank you for that information.

The PBL (Planetary Boundary Layer) is the lowest layer of the atmosphere that experiences significant frictional forces from the ground and is more turbulent. In other words the part of the atmosphere that is not geostrophic. This is also where you would find the greatest diurnal range in temperatures since there is more direct contact with the surface.

The PBL (Planetary Boundary Layer) is the lowest layer of the atmosphere that experiences significant frictional forces from the ground and is more turbulent. In other words the part of the atmosphere that is not geostrophic. This is also where you would find the greatest diurnal range in temperatures since there is more direct contact with the surface.

He is just being a tard .  We can see the 925 levels  +  1 + 2 C and the light rates never cool the column .

you're not pbs. i want him to explain it in his own words

you're not PB . i want him to explain it in his own words

I understand  it to be the layer up to 3300 feet . 

I don`t lose sleep over it , as I can figure out if my BL will work out just by looking at the 850 and 925 mb temps based on rates and time if the year . 

this is the coldest start to a year since 1912...1934 could be a hair colder if March averages over 38.1...considering the growing UHI 2015 is colder than both years...

Jan/Mar temp...year...estimated three month averages...

this is the coldest start to a year since 1912...1934 could be a hair colder if March averages over 38.1...considering the growing UHI 2015 is colder than both years...

Jan/Mar temp...year...estimated three month averages...

All the more impressive this year since the NH was near record warmth and all the cold was focused over Eastern

NOAM.

You can see how the 1978 cold  was much more extensive across the NH.

There has not been a 70 degree day in NYC since October 29th, that's a 152 day stretch.You can sometimes forget how long we go without warm weather, but this year it feels like a long time because it has been a long time. In 2002/03 there was a 189 day stretch from October 8th to April 14th. Yet I'm still hoping there's a chance it snows this weekend. But that's just me.

I'm curious (Uncle W) if anyone knows what the record is?

There has not been a 70 degree day in NYC since October 29th, that's a 152 day stretch.You can sometimes forget how long we go without warm weather, but this year it feels like a long time because it has been a long time. In 2002/03 there was a 189 day stretch from October 8th to April 14th. Yet I'm still hoping there's a chance it snows this weekend. But that's just me.

I had a high of 72.7 on November 24th. Looks like NYC just missed 70 with a 69F high for that day.

I think we can finally say RIP winter 2014-2015, it's over, say goodnight Gracie, bring down the curtain, all she wrote, fat lady is singing, stick a fork in it, it's done....

Um it's been done already considering it's almost April. I'd be concerned if it kept going this far our growing season is far behind yet again.

1939-40 had a 191 day stretch from 10/26 to 5/5...

Warlock were is spring?

San Diego.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar/29/march-hot-record/

San Diego's unusually mild weather will last through Tuesday, all but guaranteeing that the city will notch its warmest March on record, says the National Weather Service.

Through Sunday, the average monthly temperature at Lindbergh Field was 66.6 degrees, or 7.2 degrees above normal. The current record for March is 64.3 degrees, set in 1978.

Sunday's high was 74, or 8 degrees above normal for this time of year. And temperatures will be in the low 70s on Monday and Tuesday.

San Diego is finishing its 17th straight month of above normal temperatures. Winter was especially warm, partly due to warmer-than-normal ocean temperatures, which limit cooling. The sea surface temperature hit 66 on Sunday at Solana Beach, seven degrees above normal.

San Diego.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar/29/march-hot-record/

San Diego's unusually mild weather will last through Tuesday, all but guaranteeing that the city will notch its warmest March on record, says the National Weather Service.

Through Sunday, the average monthly temperature at Lindbergh Field was 66.6 degrees, or 7.2 degrees above normal. The current record for March is 64.3 degrees, set in 1978.

Sunday's high was 74, or 8 degrees above normal for this time of year. And temperatures will be in the low 70s on Monday and Tuesday.

San Diego is finishing its 17th straight month of above normal temperatures. Winter was especially warm, partly due to warmer-than-normal ocean temperatures, which limit cooling. The sea surface temperature hit 66 on Sunday at Solana Beach, seven degrees above normal.

i hope this pac blocking pattern doesn't last for 7 years like the atlantic blocking pattern did

Archived