joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Obs Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we can take rain out of the forecast on Saturday now.

What was once a nice precip event has turned into zilch for most.

41.5 here, I can squeeze out a below normal day if the clouds hold in.

It is 49.5 IMBY. Currently avg -0.5 below for the day so far here.  It would only the the 5th below avg day for the month so far.  Currently +2.4 abv normal for the month.

Think we can take rain out of the forecast on Saturday now.

What was once a nice precip event has turned into zilch for most.

41.5 here, I can squeeze out a below normal day if the clouds hold in.

It's pretty terrible when last night we had a 100% chance of rain to now a forecast for partly cloudy skies with less than 36 hours to go.  I'll believe a pattern change when I see it too, looking at these models at 240, 252, etc is just a waste of time.

It's pretty terrible when last night we had a 100% chance of rain to now a forecast for partly cloudy skies with less than 36 hours to go.  I'll believe a pattern change when I see it too, looking at these models at 240, 252, etc is just a waste of time.

Its still there.....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=196&y=136&site=cae&zmx=1&zmy=1&map_x=195.5&map_y=136#.VJN0xV4AMA

A few notes on GSP so far for Dec:

3.5 above average, not a full torch by the average, but consider: Only 3 mornings with temps of 32 or below. Only four days have averaged below normal. Lowest for the month just 28. Highs continuing to run above forecast ( + 4 today, +6 yesterday, + 4 the day before, etc). Lowest forecast temp for NOAA 7 day is 33 on Christmas morning with several lows in the 40s forecasted. Only one day forecasted to be below normal.

By the numbers, this is worse than Dec 2011 - 2012, all except the average which was 4. 7 above average ( had some days in the 70s then).

Sure hope you guys are right about the upcoming pattern change but I an unconvinced. Given this month, it's not hard to understand the frustration around here.

90 in Waycross today.

Haha not even close.

47 and sunrisey conditions.

The rain event for tomorrow went poof. Had a 100% chance of rain. Looking forward to the 3-5 inches of rain Sun-Wed along with the severe chances. This is how it was last month. No rain the entire month, then one event that gives the whole month's worth of rainfall.

A few notes on GSP so far for Dec:

3.5 above average, not a full torch by the average, but consider: Only 3 mornings with temps of 32 or below. Only four days have averaged below normal. Lowest for the month just 28. Highs continuing to run above forecast ( + 4 today, +6 yesterday, + 4 the day before, etc). Lowest forecast temp for NOAA 7 day is 33 on Christmas morning with several lows in the 40s forecasted. Only one day forecasted to be below normal.

By the numbers, this is worse than Dec 2011 - 2012, all except the average which was 4. 7 above average ( had some days in the 70s then).

Sure hope you guys are right about the upcoming pattern change but I an unconvinced. Given this month, it's not hard to understand the frustration around here.

So far CAE is averaging a high of 63 and a low of 38, the exact same numbers as November, and there is no reason for those numbers to drop by the end of the month looking at what is forecast.  CAE's weather station is generally much higher during the day and much lower at night then GSP, which I don't buy.  I live ten miles north of the airport between Irmo and Lexington and my numbers are never that extreme.  CAE reported 61/33 yesterday, I had 57/37.   CAE was reporting high 60s for highs and mid 20s for lows from the 12th to the 16th.  I had lows around 30 and highs in the lows 60s, but who am I to judge.  Either way, it looks like this month will end the same or slightly above Novembers numbers.  At this point I just hope some of these storms pan out, things are starting to get a little parched.

Edit:  CAE has been above average 9 out of 12 months this year if you include December.  January and November were 5 and 4 below normal repspectively, and February was spot on average.  If I remember correctly, the east coast of the United States was a anomally in January with most of the Northern Hemisphere above average.

Started out this morning at 33, currently up to 54 with a dew point of 33.

So far this month I have had only .89" bringing me to a year total of 58.62". I am hoping to hit the 60" mark by the end of the year and it's looking like I just might make it with 3 good shots of rain between tomorrow and Christmas.

Archived