joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Obs Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than I expected but not where I expected. This one evidently stayed south of the VA line and slide towards HighPoint, Burlington and Durham. It was snowing good up towards hanging rock this morning, even covered the truck with some styrofoam graupel looking stuff. But it died quick north of there and never saw a thing north of the state line. Congrats to those folks east of the triad on a surprise event!

Backyard temp at 35.3 and getting moderate rain. Forecast has me staying in the upper 30s all day; just like the other day when I got enough snow to cover the deck. This has been one of the coldest "warm period" I've ever experienced. As I stated in another post if the GFS is right get use to this type of weather.  

37.4 F and drizzle IMBY.  0.05 inch of rainfall since midnight.

Simply a cold and dreary day.  Perfect soup weather.  Feels like winter.  Time to go see Hobbit #3...

Took the boys yesterday to see it. Good film. Out of my three kids, only the oldest (11) has read the book, but to him it's all still great.

As another day comes in cold and dreary, I think to myself...it must suck to live anywhere else in the SE. Apparently winter was over for them in November.

Took the boys yesterday to see it. Good film. Out of my three kids, only the oldest (11) has read the book, but to him it's all still great.

As another day comes in cold and dreary, I think to myself...it must suck to live anywhere else in the SE. Apparently winter was over for them in November.

I couldn't agree more.  I've been quite pleased with the winter so far.  And, I have high hopes for the coming days and weeks.

And, yes, Peter Jackson has taken quite a few liberties with the book to eke three movies out of it, but the first two have still been quite enjoyable, even if not utterly true to the text.

Archived