amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came back in from dinner. The side streets around here are skating rinks. I had to leave the car in the street as it was sliding down the driveway. Please, exercise caution in Nova now. Several people slipped on their way to the cars in the parking lot and could not get their footing. 2 hrs of freeezing drizzle will do it. A light covering of snow will end it for treachery.

Ok so can a met or otherwise knowledgeable person please explain. The 6z NAM had the coastal low 1012 mb just off the NC coast at 00z (about 100 miles N of its current position). It had a 1012 low on the Ohio border. Right now we have a 1014 low just off Hatteras and a 1013 low near the Ohio Pa border. If our coastal low strengthens as it moves into the predicted position why wouldn't it enhance our precip?

Just came back in from dinner. The side streets around here are skating rinks. I had to leave the car in the street as it was sliding down the driveway. Please, exercise caution in Nova now. Several people slipped on their way to the cars in the parking lot and could not get their footing. 2 hrs of freeezing drizzle will do it. A light covering of snow will end it for treachery.

Just tried to go out to take an ice reading. I got one alright. Driveway is an ice rink. It's slippery out there. If the road is treated you're fine- If not then you're fooked.

We tracked this one for days and we got an ice storm.

Ok so can a met or otherwise knowledgeable person please explain. The 6z NAM had the coastal low 1012 mb just off the NC coast at 00z (about 100 miles N of its current position). It had a 1012 low on the Ohio border. Right now we have a 1014 low just off Hatteras and a 1013 low near the Ohio Pa border. If our coastal low strengthens as it moves into the predicted position why wouldn't it enhance our precip?

the biggest problem is the inland low is dominating. if i was in ne md i might be somewhat excited with radar trends etc. we'll see. here we could easily dry slot after this first band or the second etc.

the biggest problem is the inland low is dominating. if i was in ne md i might be somewhat excited with radar trends etc. we'll see. here we could easily dry slot after this first band or the second etc.

Yeah that seems reasonable. It just seems like the set up isn't that far off from what was modeled. Maybe the coastal can surprise us!

Archived