Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what it is that's falling right now...not rain so I guess graupel or however you spell it

It should change to snow as the heavier band comes through. The reason some are getting light freezing rain is the cloud depth has not been sufficient to get the cloud top temperatures below minus 8 or 10C. When the stronger vertical motions starts in the band to your west, the depth of the clouds will increase and the cloud tops should be cold enough to support snow.

check out radar to your west folks

Good for them. Right now the good stuff is to our west, it is a matter of hours before the coastal gets going and carries all the heavy stuff east of us.

The precip on the radar you linked doesn't look like it's really moving east, except for that wxtrix band.

It should change to snow as the heavier band comes through. The reason some are getting light freezing rain is the cloud depth has not been sufficient to get the cloud top temperatures below minus 8 or 10C. When the stronger vertical motions starts in the band to your west, the depth of the clouds will increase and the cloud tops should be cold enough to support snow.

The quick layer of ice that I am now getting should make it more interesting then drive wise.

heavy light to moderate snow now...thanks Wes

Ah, thanks. ZR is not fun, but the damage has already been done unfortunately. No way I'm heading to the supermarket now

Freezing drizzle. Road just wet which is a mercy - but the fence, shrubs, side of the trash can, everything else is sheathed in ice.

This is an ice storm for Woodbridge. Snow cancel.

Now I want the coastal to take all my moisture - It can't clear up fast enough for me. Freezing drizzle is the very worst. Untreated roads will be ice rinks. Not only will there be hundreds of accidents tonight, but people will inevitably fall down and break legs, hips - There is nothing good about freezing drizzle.

Enough already - First I don't get snow, now I'm forced to have to put up with freezing rain. This is a MISERABLE place to live in.

Archived