CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who's posting now about how this over, our 1 inch is toast, etc, should somehow be banned later from enjoying our 1-3 inches. Am I missing something? The coastal low is still tucked underneath the Eastern tip of NC. We weren't supposed to be getting snow yet.

Have you been following satellite/radar/pressure trends? Not good.

Let me see if I understand that broken english sentence correctly....

You believe him that no one will see any snow, yet you've gotten some light snow?

yeah, I believe him. I dont count a min of light snow as really snow. Do you?? And I didn't use broken english.That is your understanding Whatever!!! Go pick on someone else!!!

Have you been following satellite/radar/pressure trends? Not good.

I think so.

It seemed like we were supposed to get a quick thump when the coastal low got a little stronger/closer.

The 12z NAM has a 1012 mb low at 12 hours about 100 miles N of where the 1015 mb low is currently located.

So I was thinking when the low gets closer/stronger our precip should happen.

I think so.

It seemed like we were supposed to get a quick thump when the coastal low got a little stronger/closer.

The 12z NAM has a 1012 mb low at 12 hours about 100 miles N of where the 1015 mb low is currently located.

So I was thinking when the low gets closer/stronger our precip should happen.

Are you trying to say its moving slower??? 12 hours on the 12Z will occur in 4 hours, unless I'm stupid (which very well maybe the case).

I saw a good snow shower while driving thru Damascus around 9am. I was beginning to think the storm was way ahead of schedule, but it was short lived. I saw another snow shower just NW of Bethesda around 1:15 which became nothing as I drove north on 270. A few light flurries in the MT. Airy area as I drove by. Nothing at home.

Are you trying to say its moving slower??? 12 hours on the 12Z will occur in 4 hours, unless I'm stupid (which very well maybe the case).

lol,

No. I'm not saying it's slower.

I'm saying it seems like it's basically on track timing wise, and that in 4 hours it very well might be about where the NAM says it should, and therefore maybe our precip will be there as well......in 4 hours. Which is why I'm not cancelling the storm now because the current radar is blank.

Late Afternoon: Snow. High near 32. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 25. East wind at 8 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

:guitar:

Looked closely outside and saw what I thought was a low deck or fog above the trees (or dirty windows). Turns out to be drizzle, ever so light. I had to go outside and check the top of the grill to see the very small droplets to confirm. So my 3:30 obs: 30 degrees, very light drizzle :arrowhead:

Archived