joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is supposed to have started yet - lol...why is everyone bailing?

We look good for a couple inches - which has been the forecast for awhile now.

if you take a look at the accum map from the nws you'd understand why some of the discourse here.!!! It appears that the nws is slowly pulling north the accums. I dont care, but many here do. This may really fizzle lke 12//26 did too.

Are you aware of what the latest EURO had?

I hate to say this, but the storm will develop too late for us to even get a few inches.

Why are you obssessing about the Euro when it is nowcasting time. Look at the pressures. Look at the radar. What is happening right now is exactly what was forecast to happen.

I think the go boom frame on radar will be when that stuff which is now crossing the mountains hits the stuff on the coast....2 hours maybe? Precip is moving west to east from the mountains and south to north on the coast....that will be our show...if it's a dusting or whatever that is the time....I think...I guess...maybe

I think the go boom frame on radar will be when that stuff which is now crossing the mountains hits the stuff on the coast....2 hours maybe? Precip is moving west to east from the mountains and south to north on the coast....that will be our show...if it's a dusting or whatever that is the time....I think...I guess...maybe

fits with model ideas i think.,. all seesm kinda early tho

fits with model ideas i think.,. all seesm kinda early tho

2 hours is almost 4pm...but these things are always early aren't they? Also wouldn't earlier with the stuff out West be better as long as the low was still down South? Eh what do I know the euro said no....I suppose I'm out of the game...hopefully the NE Baltimore guys can get something. I'm gonna go emotional eat now...see ya.

I would think the earlier the better. If we wait too long that low from the west will be way too far north. But I kind of don't know what I am talking about so I will let someone who does answer this question.

2 hours is almost 4pm...but these things are always early aren't they? Also wouldn't earlier with the stuff out West be better as long as the low was still down South? Eh what do I know the euro said no....I suppose I'm out of the game...hopefully the NE Baltimore guys can get something. I'm gonna go emotional eat now...see ya.

Coastal low is still S of Hatteras. I think we need that a bit closer to get some better banding going. In the last 2 hours it hasn't moved much. The area of 1016 mb did get much broader in the last hour.

Archived