12bet1 net
May Discobs 2024

George BM

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

You can really see the easterly flowing kicking in now. Low level clouds streaming west on the eastern horizon and my temperature crashed into the upper 50s right at sunset.

One of the courts I shoot hoops at is a full court with the practice hoop (i.e., has a net) facing directly east.  Definitely had to fight a breeze.

Fun week to get out and about, but I'm good with a couple of cooler days before T&L chances increase next week.

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

You can really see the easterly flowing kicking in now. Low level clouds streaming west on the eastern horizon and my temperature crashed into the upper 50s right at sunset.

yeah mid 50s here now - extremely pleasant out.

3 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I was awaken by a rumble of thunder. I was surprised when I looked at radar. There's a legit thunderstorm training of my area. RIP dry spell. 

Just had a heavy downpour here. Picked up a quick tenth of an inch. Pretty surprised to see anything this morning as most guidance had any shower activity dissipating as it moved eastward into the HP. It is actually weakening and breaking apart but managed to get underneath a heavier cell. Most rain I have seen in weeks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just had a heavy downpour here. Picked up a quick tenth of an inch. Pretty surprised to see anything this morning as most guidance had any shower activity dissipating as it moved eastward into the HP. It is actually weakening and breaking apart but managed to get underneath a heavier cell. Most rain I have seen in weeks.

If I had to guess, probably close to an inch here to your west. It was definitely needed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Looks like the heaviest rain overnight was confined to a relatively narrow strip across the area. I was woken up by a storm at around 2am. Here’s a radar grab from overnight.

IMG_1263.jpeg

Over 0.5” IMBY with that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IronTy said:

What year is that from?  Looks like a throwback classic from old TWC local forecast graphics from my childhood.  

There’s simulators and stuff that play music too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Just finished a 50 miler on the bike in Cambridge and I’m totally soaked. I didn’t see a single model that had this much rain over here this morning.

Time for a well-earned beers.

• Like 4