Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

15 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

if you shovel properly, use decent footwear, and aren't horribly out of shape, there is a 99.99999% chance you'll never hurt your back.

I weigh 600lbs and have a broken back so I just use a plow truck naked except for sandals. Am I doing it right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

btw 150' driveway, sounds like a property/buyer problem more than a shoveling/back problem.  I digress.

Jeff only wants to see you try, as he has mechanized snow removal tools.

This winter seems to be following the 2005-06 pattern.  That winter we had 45.0" thru Jan 31 and only 7.8" after that.  So far this winter, we had 52.1" thru Jan 31 and only 3.7" since then and the weekend mess getting messier plus continued 10-15° AN temps in the following few days at least.

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

This winter seems to be following the 2005-06 pattern.  That winter we had 45.0" thru Jan 31 and only 7.8" after that.  So far this winter, we had 52.1" thru Jan 31 and only 3.7" since then and the weekend mess getting messier plus continued 10-15° AN temps in the following few days at least.

Soooo, you're saying next year will be like 2006-07?  I'll take it! Started somewhat slow but finished huge.

46 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Yeah I'm not advocating people manually shovel 150' driveways.  However on a primal level of a snow lover, there's nothing quite like manually shoveling and grueling away (without injury) <3

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

3 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I thought last season was a non-winter. This year takes the cake. Even over 11-12. 

This year here is better than both of those….it all depends where you are.  Still a Rat, but just not the The King Rat. 

awesome .... 2, top 5 futiles occurring back to back.

That's hard to do.  In fact, it's the only time that's happened - LOL. 

That should pretty underscore the number of "inches" the winter weather enthusiasts have been receiving -

that's gotta be some kind of rock bottom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The labrador current says “hi”

Surprised no one mentioned that the whites look to do well this weekend. CAD setup suggested by many of the models. You might even get some snow dendrite this weekend. At the very least the ski resorts like Waterville Valley and Cannon will replenish some of what they lost. Thermal profiles suggests the snow will be of the heavy wet variety so definitely will not be skiing on powder on Monday.

51 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This year here is better than both of those….it all depends where you are.  Still a Rat, but just not the The King Rat. 

I've looked into it because Boston and Detroit share all time ratter- 1936-37. 

In 1936-37, Boston saw only 9.0", but of that 4.4" fell in November. Most of it was a 3.8" snowfall on Nov 24 which was down to a T on the ground that day. After that Nov 24 snowfall, Boston only had 3 days the entire rest of the season with 1" snow depth (and that was rounded from snowfalls under an inch but greater than a half inch). So officially 4 days had 1+ snowcover (4, 1, 1, 1).

At Detroit, both the season total of 12.9" & total of 10 days with 1"+ snowdepth also hold the all time futility spot.

While other places didn't fare quite as bad as Detroit or Boston, it appeared to be a terrible snow season pretty much everywhere in the eastern half of the US.