• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

Unfortunately ... this season is likely to be a forced trough E of ~ Michigan longitude ... due to the enormous counter-balancing requirement when there is CC super-imposing over the orographic-induced N/A western ridge tendency. 

Those two will be in a constructive interference, a feed back which keeps our heights sagged here... This was last year and the year before ...and an apparent repeating theme going back summers. 

We'll be above normal because the lows are sultry mild ...but too many days are likely to be convective bubble offs by 11:30 am with DP of 77 under highs that can't get passed 84.

I see it as less likely we get a "hot and dry" base-line tendency.  It may actually be harder to get a heat wave officiated in the steam over the stove.  But of course ...not impossible.

It's probably why - as others have noticed ... - our hottest time typically occurs with an early western N/A heat expulsion in late May through June ...before the above takes over and we theta-e drowned.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Unfortunately ... this season is likely to be a forced trough E of ~ Michigan longitude ... due to the enormous counter-balancing requirement when there is CC super-imposing over the orographic-induced N/A western ridge tendency. 

Those two will be in a constructive interference, a feed back which keeps our heights sagged here... This was last year and the year before ...and an apparent repeating theme going back summers. 

We'll be above normal because the lows are sultry mild ...but too many days are likely to be convective bubble offs by 11:30 am with DP of 77 under highs that can't get passed 84.

I see it as less likely we get a "hot and dry" base-line tendency.  It may actually be harder to get a heat wave officiated in the steam over the stove.  But of course ...not impossible.

It's probably why - as others have noticed ... - our hottest time typically occurs with an early western N/A heat expulsion in late May through June ...before the above takes over and we theta-e drowned.

Sounds absolutely perfect. High dews all summer and bangers 

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

17 years ago yesterday says “hello”.

This is how we used to do cold noon temps in early March. None of that +35F wind chill nonsense from Noyes. 

IMG_6490.gif

I believe the coldest first week of March I experienced was 2014. Brutal winds and Arctic cold

58 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Think about this....I have 30" on the season and 19" of it fell on January 7. The rest of the winter I have 11".....which would be far and away my futility record.

My next largest event is 3.5" on January 17th.

In a way, 2011-2012was similar here.

45" or thereabouts here.  More than half of that fell in October

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, 2018 was one of the snowiest months of March on record and it has yet to snow this March, nor does it appear to anytime soon.

Do the math-

Still don't understand why you posted that. It's not March 1956 either I mean who called for March 18? Mid month on is going to be suckage. 

18 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

44.6° and 1.65" since last night. River is going pretty good but comfortably under flood stage. Couldn't stand in my usual spot to take photos though.

See also - it's nearly time for spring soccer.

20240307_084414compressed.jpg

Untitled video (4).gif

Left footed?

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This month has been more similar to March 2012 than 2018 is my point.

It's March 7th   Ave temp thru the 7th March 2012 was 33 and March 2024 at BDL is 45. Let's let the month run out and then compare

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We've had mild days, but overnight mins driving the departures for sure. Story since November.

Mainly due to all the clouds and rain. Most sunny days are warm and well above. The only thing keeping this from 2012 epicosity is the clouds . Look how torched this past Sunday and Monday were with sun . No cold in sight.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Multiple model support now inside 10 days. It's gaining traction. Probably cold and windy. What's the fantasy part?

Canada is torched and there's zero snowcover anywhere.   Good luck with anything less than average temps

• Like 1