Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its there, NW Maine is where it is, You'll have to get up in the 2,500-4,000' range.

Nothing taller than 2700' north of Baxter, but there's probably halfway decent snow at 1k+ west of Rt 11 and north of the Realty Road.

Pack is down to 7" and dropping.  Earliest that it's gone to zero/trace is 3/14 in 2006; we may challenge that date this month.  The adventure I had on Flying Pond yesterday (noted in the banter thread) was due to the pond's rise and resulting bathtub ring around the shore.  That will only get worse this week, eliminating access on most ponds south of Moosehead.  The Sandy River from Farmington and downstream is essentially clear of ice, also the earliest I've seen ice out there.

• Like 3

12z Euro now ini at 12:13 pm on SV, Its out to hr 198 right now.

The ECMWF was expected to start their earlier dissemination with the 6z cycle this morning for the Euro Op and Ensemble.

This did not happen.

The ECMWF "encountered an unforeseen minor issue" when attempting to speed up dissemination of the 6z cycle.

They are working to fix this ahead of the 12z cycle, but there are no guarantees at this time.

-- CommodityWX Team

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Maybe we can get this pattern out-of-the-way in time for summer?

The funny thing is…this what some were wishing for. Saying let it be over, and let us out. It let us out all right….right into the hell that is March and April in SNE, when there’s no chance for snow.  

36 minutes ago, dryslot said:

12z Euro now ini at 12:13 pm on SV, Its out to hr 198 right now.

The ECMWF was expected to start their earlier dissemination with the 6z cycle this morning for the Euro Op and Ensemble.

This did not happen.

The ECMWF "encountered an unforeseen minor issue" when attempting to speed up dissemination of the 6z cycle.

They are working to fix this ahead of the 12z cycle, but there are no guarantees at this time.

-- CommodityWX Team

No rush, I have no reason to view it.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

The funny thing is…this what some were wishing for. Saying let it be over, and let us out. It let us out all right….right into the hell that is March and April in SNE, when there’s no chance for snow.  

I am fine with it....stop wasting my time writing about snow that never falls. At least now, as shitty as the weather is, I already know it won't snow.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I am fine with it....stop wasting my time writing about snow that never falls. At least now, as shitty as the weather is, I already know it won't snow.

Exactly-it's plus 10 temp wise right now-nothing even close outside highest elevations or NW Maine

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ya I can understand that part of it.  Just that we knew we’d be going into this garbage for a prolonged period. That’s why I wasn’t in any rush to have late Feb-Mid March take away any chances….because this is what we get when that happens.

Hoping for more days like Sunday than not.  But resining myself to the reality that is more than likely not going to be the case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya I can understand that part of it.  Just that we knew we’d be going into this garbage for a prolonged period. That’s why I wasn’t in any rush to have late Feb-Mid March take away any chances….because this is what we get when that happens.

Hoping for more days like Sunday than not.  But resining myself to the reality that is more than likely not going to be the case. 

You have to just check out of weather....Yea, I still kind have one foot in for now, but I'm no longer invested. I'm in recovery from weather Dopamine addiction for about the next 9 months, with perhaps a few tropical relapses along the way.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Nothing taller than 2700' north of Baxter, but there's probably halfway decent snow at 1k+ west of Rt 11 and north of the Realty Road.

Pack is down to 7" and dropping.  Earliest that it's gone to zero/trace is 3/14 in 2006; we may challenge that date this month.  The adventure I had on Flying Pond yesterday (noted in the banter thread) was due to the pond's rise and resulting bathtub ring around the shore.  That will only get worse this week, eliminating access on most ponds south of Moosehead.  The Sandy River from Farmington and downstream is essentially clear of ice, also the earliest I've seen ice out there.

I remember ice fishing and early morning we went out and drilled holes and set up out tilts, later that afternoon we picked up our equipment and were faced with the bathtub ring. Got a little wet making it to shore but a good memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You have to just check out of weather....Yea, I still kind have one foot in for now, but I'm no longer invested. I'm in recovery from weather Dopamine addiction for about the next 9 months, with perhaps a few tropical relapses along the way.

Oh ya…I’ll be out soon like you are for most of the spring and summer and early fall. 

• Like 2